snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > Rantidote

Closed Thread

Old 27 December 2017, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
That must really suck, Erwins. Hope you still got some cool presents or something to tide you over for a while. Do they have any other tests they can do or at least, treatments they can give you? Either way, take care.
Sorry for not being more clear. The vision loss was in one eye, and lasted only about 10 minutes. Everything is back to normal now, and I had assumed it was migraine related to begin with. It was only after I checked with my doctor that I found out they wanted to rule out a bunch of more scary causes. I think they have ruled out most of what they can test for now. So it probably is migraine related after all.
Old 27 December 2017, 04:58 AM

I had an unexplained series of migraines about a decade ago that gave me similar issues, erwins. It's not a fun experience.
Old 27 December 2017, 12:41 PM

Crash

[QUOTE=erwins;1967769 So it probably is migraine related after all.[/QUOTE]

There is a type of migraine called an ocular migraine that does funky things to your vision. I've never been blinded by one, but my vision will be off: I will only see parts of words/letters, assuming I can even focus on them. It's hard to describe.
Here is a Mayo Clinic link, but you've probably already discussed this with your doctor.
Old 27 December 2017, 06:42 PM

I understand not liking a particular character on a TV show, what I don't understand is, when discussing this show with other fans, you essentially make up entire scenes in order to prove that you are right about that character. Newsflash - you are discussing the show with fellow fans who have also seen each episode to death. Don't make crap up and then be surprised when you get challenged on it!
Old 27 December 2017, 06:48 PM

FWP: Sue's FWP has just enough details that now I want to hear the rest of the story.
Old 27 December 2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
FWP: Sue's FWP has just enough details that now I want to hear the rest of the story.
That's journalism!
Old 27 December 2017, 11:46 PM

I have a nice cup of hot chocolate that I'm dipping a cookie into because it's too hot to drink. I just dropped over half the cookie into it, and it's too hot to fish it out.
Old 28 December 2017, 03:22 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
Ditto. I wonder if Sue is like me in that the surest way to make me become a fan of a specific character, is to dump on them unfairly. I can understand hating a character for legitimate reasons, but too often, itís Ron the Death Eater bullshit.
Old 28 December 2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStorm View Post
There is a type of migraine called an ocular migraine that does funky things to your vision. I've never been blinded by one, but my vision will be off: I will only see parts of words/letters, assuming I can even focus on them. It's hard to describe.
Here is a Mayo Clinic link, but you've probably already discussed this with your doctor.
That's a classic migraine aura. I get those regularly. Typically I get somewhere between one and four or so in a month. I've been getting those for 18 years now. There's some confusion of terms with "ocular" migraine, but the symptom of seeing parts of words, etc. is a clear indication that it's an aura. Loss of one vision hemifield (half of your visual field, with the same part missing if you close one or the other eye) means it is happening in the vision center of the brain, and not in the eyes. That's a classic migraine aura.

My understanding is that what I had happen was caused by a temporary loss of adequate blood flow in the retina of my right eye. It could have been something like a TIA -- a temporary stroke-like event that resolved on its own -- or something like a migraine, caused by blood vessel spasm in a vessel that supplies the retina, that also resolved on its own. It was not a classic migraine aura, and it was not caused by something happening in my brain.

I got to see the MRI results when they showed up in my online "chart." I need to follow up to learn more about some of what showed up.
Old 01 January 2018, 12:18 AM

Icon204

The avocados at the grocery store have been picked over and all the ripe ones are gone. What is even the point of living in paradise if I can't have every piece of produce at perfect ripeness at the exact moment I want it?
Old 01 January 2018, 10:13 PM

I was always surprised at what terrible oranges I got in California, unless I got them from a friend with a tree. I stopped buying them when I was out there since I so often got bad ones.
Old 01 January 2018, 10:16 PM

I never liked California oranges. Don't know what the issue was, but they always seemed more likely to be sour than other oranges.
Old 01 January 2018, 10:30 PM

I am so out of shape... I did some much needed scrubbing in the bathtub and bathroom sink and that little bit of exertion put me out the rest of the day!
Old 02 January 2018, 04:37 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I understand not liking a particular character on a TV show, what I don't understand is, when discussing this show with other fans, you essentially make up entire scenes in order to prove that you are right about that character.
I have a friend who dislikes my favorite character on a show we both watch. I'd enjoy discussing the show with her, and I'd be perfectly willing to leave the character she dislikes out of our discussion, but every time I try, all she can talk about is how much she doesn't like that character. So I don't talk about the show with her.

FWP - I want to get a feel for what The Closer was like, but it's not available for free on Amazon, and it's not available at all on Netflix. I'm going to have to actually rent it from the local DVD place.

Seaboe
Old 02 January 2018, 04:51 PM

I enjoyed the first few seasons of The Closer. Great cast, interesting characters and relationships.
Old 02 January 2018, 05:10 PM

Glasses

I saw some episodes from seasons 2 & 3 of Major Crimes over Xmas, and need to decide if I want to watch The Closer before I go on with MC.

Seaboe
Old 02 January 2018, 05:15 PM

I stopped watching before it transitioned, so I can't speak to that part of it.
Old 03 January 2018, 12:29 PM

Tantrum

I have all the ingredients for beef stew except the beef, so I'll have to make a grocery store run ASAP.

ETA: My phone's battery ran down overnight, thus preventing me from accessing my recipes, thus preventing me from preparing a soup for DH prior to leaving for work.
Old 03 January 2018, 01:55 PM

When you do a factory reset of your phone and forget your password to Google. So you change your password and then can't set up your phone for 24 hours after password is changed. Thank goodness I don't get many calls or text.
Old 08 January 2018, 03:13 AM

Mouse

I crafted what I felt was a long, well-crafted post that raises many cogent points, but itís likely to get buried, because itís the last post on a page. Itís like no one got the memo about how Iím the main character around which this world revolves and everyone elseís job is support me. And after typing this post, Iím probably going to get all these replies accusing me of being egotistical, whatever that means.
Closed Thread