snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Diversions > Book Corner

Old 06 February 2015, 10:56 PM

Soapbox I've recorded an audiobook!

Like, an actual, legitimate, commercially-available product.

Some of you might remember a few years back when I posted my reading of A Christmas Carol, which I'd done as a personal project for friends and family. Well, apparently I've managed to convince a few people since then that I can do this sort of thing professionally, and the latest fruit of my labors has just hit retail. Normally I wouldn't come here to toot my own horn, but I thought a few snopesters might enjoy it.

It's basically a set of pseudo-autobiographical stories in which the author reframes everyday events in a Tolkeinesque fantasy setting. I had a lot of fun reading it and I think it came out pretty well. If you're interested, you can take a look at it here:

Tales of the Minivandians by Tom Rogneby

If you do decide to give it a listen, I'm always on the lookout for constructive feedback. I'm trying to get to the point where I can actually support myself through my voice work.
Old 06 February 2015, 10:59 PM

Baseball

I can see why you can get into the work. The sample is great. I shall see if I can get audible content in Canada, specifically, your work.

Well done. It sounds superb.
Old 09 February 2015, 02:53 AM

Well done, that was great. I have no doubt you will get more work.

It sounds stupid, but I never thought of any snopster hving such a deep, professional sounding voice. I guess I have never thought about what any of us sound like. Or look like for that matter.
Old 09 February 2015, 08:00 PM

Thanks! I tend to think of everyone as just looking like their avatar. Which I suppose would make me invisible. I should probably fix that...