snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Police Blotter

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23 April 2018, 11:08 PM

No Toronto Say 9 Dead, 16 Injured After Pedestrians Struck

Police in Toronto say they have arrested a male suspect after a white van mounted a curb in the city’s north end, killing nine people and injuring 16 others.

Article here

I feel sick. I have so many friends who live in Toronto, and thank god most of them have been checking in on Facebook saying they're okay. Given that horrible things like this rarely happen in Canada, it definitely hits close to home. It's a naive way to be, but I always thought Canada was a safe place, especially Toronto.

Kudos to the police officers arresting the maniac for refusing to take the bait and not invoking "suicide by cop". That would be the easy (and coward's) way out.

My heart is hurting for the victims. Utterly senseless.