snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Wild Kingdom

Old 21 April 2017, 03:42 PM

Icon84

Dear Gobi--stop hissing at Pearl as she walks by. Everyone respects your author-i-tay!!

One of your staffers
Old 18 May 2017, 02:40 AM

Mouse

Dear Roxy-Kitty,

You are a cute ball of fluff, but I wish I'd known sooner that you didn't like the spot where I originally had your litter box. Now I have a ruined backpack. It is nice that once the box was moved, you've had no problem using it, but still.

Hold your tail high around Minnie-Kitty; you're family now and she's just going to have to deal. Boomer-Dog is big, but he's all size, with little if any aggression in him. If he keeps getting too fresh with you, remember that five of your six ends are pointy. It usually doesn't take long for most kitties to figure it out.

Love,

Soft Human Warm Human

Dear Boomer-Dog,

As hard as it may be for you to believe, you are a big dog. A 1lb kitty might be a little scared when a big 90lb mutt, tries to sniff her with such intensity that it's like he's trying to vacuum her fur. I know you're only curious about the new kitty, but be gentle and give her some space.

Love,

Friendbeast

Dear Minnie-Kitty,

You are still top cat, but like it or not, Roxy is part of the family now. Stop with all the hissing and growling.

Love,

One of Your Upright Thumbbeasts
Old 18 May 2017, 03:48 PM

Icon18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Dear Roxy-Kitty,

Dear Minnie-Kitty,

You are still top cat, but like it or not, Roxy is part of the family now. Stop with all the hissing and growling.

Dear Minnie-Kitty:

It's a good idea to hiss at the newcomer whenever she walks by--this is to remind her who's in charge.

~Gobi
Old 23 May 2017, 11:11 AM

Dear Fritz,
You don't like the taste of spiders, stop trying to eat them. Every time you eat one, you walk around gagging since you hate how they taste, or their texture.

love,
one of the humans

Of course, he was too busy stalking a spider to listen to me.
Old 23 May 2017, 04:47 PM

Enoch~

Yes, by all means I will revel in the glorious victory over the fly I inadvertently let in this morning! Good boy!

~the servant giving you well-deserved ear scritches
Old 25 May 2017, 04:25 AM

Nelson,

Your cat tower has a post that's covered in rope that's specifically meant for scratching. Why do you insist on scratching the carpeted post instead?

The human who provides cat towers
Old 25 May 2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
Nelson,

Your cat tower has a post that's covered in rope that's specifically meant for scratching. Why do you insist on scratching the carpeted post instead?

The human who provides cat towers
Well, obviously the carpeted one is his

A tangent- I remember reading that people often throw away scratching posts once they're a bit roughed up, and will replace them with new ones and then the cat will hesitate to use the new one. (Or they will put in a new one and the cat will just continue to use the old one). IIRC some of it is smell based... maybe the carpeted post just absorbed Nelson's smells better, so it's more comforting to him?

Do you have other cats who like the rope post better? I have one who likes the rope part, and one who likes the carpet (unless she is using the flat-to-ground scratching mat which is covered in sisal). The one who likes the rope part also is partial to one spot- just one square foot area- of carpet in our dining room. I am sure in their minds it makes perfect sense as ot their preferences
Old 25 May 2017, 03:07 PM

Hello Kitty

Mbravo, I've heard the same thing too, but I've never seen it in my house. I usually just buy sisal rope and wrap it around the pole after I've removed the shredded rope. Ditto for the carpeted parts: last fall, I replaced the carpet on one of the posts using pieces I'd gotten off of a freecycling site. No problem. Maybe in I get my scent on the rope/carpet as I do the repairs.
Old 08 June 2017, 01:19 AM

Mouse

Dear Roxy-kitty,

I'm not too surprised that it turns out you have two modes: asleep and berserk. You are a kitty after all. But seriously, knocking Mama's bowl of oatmeal down and breaking it? WTF?! You're a kitty! You're not supposed to like oatmeal.

In any case, next time just lap it up out of the bowl. No need to knock it to the ground and break a perfectly good bowl.

Sincerely,

Upright Thumbbeast
Old 08 June 2017, 04:19 AM

Dear Young Cat,

Did you start eating right after I brought you back from the vet. because of anything the vet did? Or would you have started eating and acting halfway normal right around then even if I hadn't spent time and money to haul you off to the vet because you'd spent close to 24 hours lying down in one spot and hadn't eaten for about 18?

thorny -- just curious, you're getting the rest of those pills in any case now that you've been started on them -- locust
Old 08 June 2017, 02:22 PM

Icon23

Dear Roxy-Kitty:
It is good to expand one's palate and if your human does not share its food with you, then you must DEMAND that s/he does!

~Kate, Andi, and Steely Dan from Maryland

PS: Shooting a paw towards the plate or dish and grabbing some of the food is very effective! What are you waiting for????

Last edited by DawnStorm; 08 June 2017 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added PS
Old 08 June 2017, 02:28 PM

Yeah, just meow and purr really loudly and paw at their leg. If you can, put your face between the hooman's food and their face! Let 'em feel guilty that you're just a starving, skin-and-bones kitty what's never ever been fed! Poor kitty!

Ash
Old 14 June 2017, 01:22 AM

Dear Bo-
I love you! You are so cute and snuggly-wuggly, and I love that your roost for the past several days has been my bed!! You sleep snuggled up against my pillow all day. It is very cute!
Could you adjust your schedule to fit mine a little better? When I am winding down and getting ready to go to bed, you get a burst of energy and flee the place. I would like to snuggle you while I, myself, am sleeping. I understand the etiquette of this is a little difficult to get the hang of. I promise I will leave my door open so that you can leave if desired, preferably after I am sleeping.

Your diurnal friend,
mb
Old 14 June 2017, 01:27 AM

Icon02

That's not how it works.

-Bo
Old 14 June 2017, 12:25 PM

mbravo, if you're around some of the time while Bo is spending the day asleep on your pillow: try waking Bo up for wild games with you and a piece of string. Maybe tiring out during the day will lead to sleeping at least part of the night.
Old 14 June 2017, 05:28 PM

He must have telekinetically read my message, as he stuck around longer than usual last night.

tl- That sounds like a great excuse to spend more time playing with him.

Here is a current picture of the feline in question.
Old 15 June 2017, 04:36 AM

Nelson,

Cats aren't supposed to like pasta! Why'd you run over and start munching on the raw spaghetti I spilled on the floor?

-ChefBeast
Old 15 June 2017, 05:15 AM

If cats aren't supposed to like raw pasta, my late Klondike certainly didn't get the memo. He absolutely loved playing with raw spaghetti. He took great joy getting into the cabinet where I kept it and spilling it onto the kitchen floor.

It got to the point where, if I were preparing spaghetti, I'd take 6 or 7 strands of spaghetti and hold it somewhere near him. He'd chew on it, rub his cheeks on it, but more than anything, he'd swat it as hard as he could to shatter it and then chase the pieces all over the floor.

For some reason, though, he wasn't interested at all in egg noodles (raw or otherwise).

~Psihala
Old 15 June 2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psihala View Post

For some reason, though, he wasn't interested at all in egg noodles (raw or otherwise).

~Psihala
Different texture? Too curly?
Old 15 June 2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbravo View Post
Here is a current picture of the feline in question.
Black cat on a white bedspread!

-- whoops, did I say a white bedspread? must be a black-and-white spread by now.

thorny -- goes in for multicolored throws -- locust