snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Politics

Old 08 June 2017, 07:37 PM

Default Manchester bombing a hoax

But despite the incident touching the live of so many and becoming a global news story, some commenters online have started conspiracy theories about how the incident was a hoax.

https://lovinmanchester.com/news/man...ing-was-a-hoax
Old 08 June 2017, 08:20 PM

Ok, so supposedly false-flag mass shootings in the US are orchestrated to give the government an excuse to take your guns away (even though they haven't actually done so). What is the supposed motive for orchestrating the bombing in Manchester?
Old 08 June 2017, 08:31 PM

Brexit (both making sure it happens and creating a hard rather than a soft Brexit). Banning all immigrants.
Old 08 June 2017, 08:48 PM

Gaah.

This seems to have very unfortunately become standard procedure for some fools after just about every incident that hits the news.
Old 09 June 2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
What is the supposed motive for orchestrating the bombing in Manchester?
I saw suggestions about "strengthening the Tory position" since they want to be seen as "strong and stable" and having all the right ideas on national security.

(And although I'm sure I don't need to, I would like to insert the obvious disclaimer that very few people believe a word of this and that it's a horribly offensive suggestion no matter what your politics).

If it did have an effect on the election, it seems to be the opposite to that though, thanks to today's surprise hung parliament. Perhaps people actually paid attention to the police telling of the effects of May's cuts as Home Secretary.
Old 13 June 2017, 04:24 AM

Even Alex Jones is claiming it's a "false flag". The same ghouls pop up after every tragedy and try to claim it is a lie. These people annoy me more than I can say.
https://www.infowars.com/cnn-analyst...ng-false-flag/