snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Old 18 October 2018, 07:57 PM

Roll eyes

Dear Phisherman--

Nice try fool. We here at Workplace were born at night--but not last night.

Email recipient.
Old 20 November 2018, 05:09 PM

Shifty Eyes

Dear Supervisor--
You're getting a CIA Agent on the Shel--I mean Elf on the Shelf for your daughter V? 30 years from now, a therapist will be rich.

Dawn
Old 23 November 2018, 10:28 AM

1) We're two weeks into this project and we've already built a fairly large amount of the props and costumes. Why are you still negotiating the budget with the client? And why the heck are you trying to overcharge them for certain items "just in case they take the bait"??? Congratulations, now the client has slashed the budget and we have to scramble to piece together whatever we can to salvage the gig.

2) We've got a huge list of items that are essential to the gig and we haven't even started on half of those and we've only got a few weeks of prep time left, why the heck are you insisting that I spend all this week working on non-essential bonus items? You know that we're going to run out of time and we'll be madly trying to throw together major items in a crazy rush at 4am the day that the truck arrives to take delivery of them because that ALWAYS happens because YOU SUCK at organisation. I told you over and over that we should work on the essential items now when we can take our time and do a good job on them and then we can tackle the bonus items at the end if we have time (big if!!) and that this is a dumb way to run a business.
If you're expecting me to stay back until 4am again to pull your ass out of the fire you may have to come up with a different plan.
Old 29 November 2018, 12:19 PM

Driver

Dear Trucker--
Thank you for letting me on the Beltway this morning. Safe travels.

The woman in the Subaru.
Old 12 December 2018, 01:08 PM

Roll eyes

Dear Atlantic: Reporting on first world problems much? In the past week, you've run articles on the following: People who don't tell their kids the Santa Claus myth versus family members who do; an analysis of the latest Dr. Who; America's obsession with paper towels; and a history of showering and how it was used to "calm" psych patients once upon a time. OK, the last one was somewhat interesting.
On the brighter side, at least you've discovered that there is more to news than President Trump. Brownie points for that, but the other articles are just First World Problems. What's next? The Issues Left-Handed Women Face When Trying to Locate Their Cars in a Parking Lot?

One of your online readers.
Old 12 December 2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStorm View Post
a history of showering and how it was used to "calm" psych patients once upon a time.
Is that why sanitarium sounds so much like sanitary?

Quote:
Reporting on first world problems much? ... One of your online readers.
Sounds like you've got a first world problem to me.