snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Amusement Bark

Old 20 September 2018, 01:17 AM

Default Real lawyer reacts to Ace Attorney

Real legal system VS completely bonkers semi-fictional legal system! FIGHT!

(For those who have not seen the anime: the keychain is one of three heroes from the tv show Signal Samurai, a show that Phoenix, Larry and Miles bonded over).
Old 20 September 2018, 01:56 AM

Hmm. Phoenix as in Jean Grey, Larry as in Larry, Curly, and Moe, and Miles Vorkosigan?

That would be an interesting combination, indeed.

(Whether you're now as baffled by my set of associations as I am by your explanation I have no idea.)
Old 20 September 2018, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny locust View Post
Hmm. Phoenix as in Jean Grey, Larry as in Larry, Curly, and Moe, and Miles Vorkosigan?

That would be an interesting combination, indeed.

(Whether you're now as baffled by my set of associations as I am by your explanation I have no idea.)
Not really, but I do recommend you seek out the games. Theyíre fun.

And the only one of those characters who isnít named in the video is Miles Edgeworth.
Old 20 September 2018, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusenkyo no Pikachu View Post

And the only one of those characters who isnít named in the video is Miles Edgeworth.
I donít think Iím the only one who has no idea what youíre talking about most of the time. Thereís a basic format to starting threads, where you link to an article and quote from it. Obviously youíve gone a different route where you link to a lengthy YouTube clip and write about it incoherently. Iím not saying your way is worse, but surely you can see why we have trouble responding.
Old 20 September 2018, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusenkyo no Pikachu View Post
Thanks, but I waste way too much time on the computer as it is. Which is also why I'm not likely to watch the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I donít think Iím the only one who has no idea what youíre talking about most of the time.
Definitely not.

The point I was attempting (apparently not very well) to get across is that everybody's got different sets of information in their heads. The world is absolutely swarming with things that people could read, or watch, or play, or otherwise spend their time on. Assuming that everyone else is reading, or watching, or otherwise paying attention to the same set of things that one is oneself spending time on (or even that everyone thinks the same things are fun) is likely to be a mistake; therefore, explanations included with one's posts are likely to work better if they don't make those assumptions.

-- I had no idea who Miles Edgeworth is, either. I now have as much idea as can be gotten from about one minute's googling. Googling isn't any help on figuring out what you mean by "keychain", however. What that gets me is what I would mean by the word, but that meaning makes no sense in your sentence.
Old 20 September 2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I donít think Iím the only one who has no idea what youíre talking about most of the time. Thereís a basic format to starting threads, where you link to an article and quote from it. Obviously youíve gone a different route where you link to a lengthy YouTube clip and write about it incoherently. Iím not saying your way is worse, but surely you can see why we have trouble responding.
This is one reason I miss the moderation on this forum; there was a format to starting threads so that we could coherently discuss whatever was being linked. I feel like Jusenkyo no Pikachu uses this forum as something close to a personal blog, because I have no idea how to respond to any of the threads he starts.