snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > NFBSK

Old 11 January 2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKHB View Post
And a "fun fact" I just realized around Christmas Time (buying The Heroin Diaries as a present for my sister) Nikki Sixx is 50 years old...
Wow. Is he still going out with Kat Von D?
Old 11 January 2009, 08:16 PM
KKHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiandmoi View Post
Wow. Is he still going out with Kat Von D?
I think he is. I haven't heard about a break up yet, and they apparently got matching face tattoos in December.

http://www.hollywoodbackwash.com/kat...-face-tattoos/

ETA: On the age difference, Nikki was quoted thusly:
Quote:
"You're only as old as the girl you're with," he says.
Old 12 January 2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:

And a "fun fact" I just realized around Christmas Time (buying The Heroin Diaries as a present for my sister) Nikki Sixx is 50 years old...
When that book first came out, I worked in a bookstore, and someone misspelled the title. It is still known as The Heroin Dairies.

Didn't Tommy Lee make fun of the no-showering thing in a TV commercial about saving energy?

-RB
Old 12 January 2009, 01:31 AM
KKHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadsterboy View Post
When that book first came out, I worked in a bookstore, and someone misspelled the title. It is still known as The Heroin Dairies.

My younger daughter read the title as "The Heroine Diaries" and wondered what superhero that was supposed to be on the cover.

She later broke my heart a little by declaring Nikki Sixx "another old man" that her parents listen to.

Quote:
Didn't Tommy Lee make fun of the no-showering thing in a TV commercial about saving energy?
Ludacris and Tommy Lee:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1yMx3Y8bns
Old 12 January 2009, 06:58 AM

Nikki is looking damn good for his age - especially since he has already died at least once! Vince has got chunky but isn't looking too bad. Tommy is rough as hell these days, and is the youngest of the four. Of course, Mick is older than the others anyway, fast approaching 60, but he was no oil painting in the first place, and the pain he has had from his spinal condition over the years won't have helped matters.

But Nikki - *sigh*. Very jealous of Kat von D!
Old 12 January 2009, 07:08 AM
KKHB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon View Post
Nikki is looking damn good for his age - especially since he has already died at least once!
Perhaps (clinical) death has a way of keeping you looking young. But my money is on botox.

Either way, he is looking pretty damn good. If not for knowing too much about him and the fact that I'm happily married I might be a little jealous myself.
Old 12 January 2009, 07:35 AM

I know what you mean. The divorces in particular have been quite unpleasant IIRC. Still, I don't necessarily want to keep him, just borrow him for a bit.
Old 13 January 2009, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Perhaps (clinical) death has a way of keeping you looking young. But my money is on botox.
Botox and the eight pounds or so of pancake he appears to be wearing in all photos.

Not that I mind, I think he's still pretty darn hot.
Old 15 January 2009, 01:56 PM
Fun with a 9mm

Doesn't Tommy Lee have Hepatitis C? I remember Pam Anderson saying she had it, got it from him.
Old 15 January 2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun with a 9mm View Post
Doesn't Tommy Lee have Hepatitis C? I remember Pam Anderson saying she had it, got it from him.
That is my understanding.
Old 15 January 2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun with a 9mm View Post
I thought she actually said that she got it when they got matching tatoos, her story being he was the one who made the needle dirty when they shared the needle. His story being no way sister and don't lie about me in the media.
Old 15 January 2009, 06:13 PM
Fun with a 9mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiandmoi View Post
I thought she actually said that she got it when they got matching tatoos, her story being he was the one who made the needle dirty when they shared the needle. His story being no way sister and don't lie about me in the media.
Really? I thought I heard they were getting back together... Who can keep up with this stuff tho.
Old 16 January 2009, 02:30 AM

I thought the "fun fact" was the one they always say - that under the stage were a bunch of groupies, so they could fool around a bit between numbers or some such. I'm still trying to figure out how half the band could disappear under the stage to fool around with groupies while the rest of the band played their numbers on stage live without a drummer or singer, but what do I know.
Old 16 January 2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishDaDish View Post
I thought the "fun fact" was the one they always say - that under the stage were a bunch of groupies, so they could fool around a bit between numbers or some such. I'm still trying to figure out how half the band could disappear under the stage to fool around with groupies while the rest of the band played their numbers on stage live without a drummer or singer, but what do I know.
Solos. Lots of solos. Tommy always has a drum solo, Nikki does something as well judging from the Carnival of Sins DVD, but I'm not sure Mick does. Certainly when Tommy's doing his stuff the rest of the band are off stage.
Old 16 January 2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrishDaDish View Post
I thought that was Def Leppard's claim to fame?
Old 16 January 2009, 06:19 PM

Considering I was also told once that Tommy was the one that "died" and was replaced, maybe my metal legends sources stink.
Old 16 January 2009, 06:41 PM

This is a hijack, but this thread reminded me of it. When I was a shorter, rounder teen I could've sworn I had a shirt from a junior plus line of clothing that had something to do with Nikki Sixx, but don't remember any details. Does anyone know anything about such a thing, or is it just my faulty brain playing tricks on me?
Old 16 January 2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy from strangers View Post
This is a hijack, but this thread reminded me of it. When I was a shorter, rounder teen I could've sworn I had a shirt from a junior plus line of clothing that had something to do with Nikki Sixx, but don't remember any details. Does anyone know anything about such a thing, or is it just my faulty brain playing tricks on me?
If you PM me the address where you were living at the time, and a floorplan with which room was yours, I'll break in and have a look for it.
Old 17 January 2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy from strangers View Post
I don't know about previous stuff he might have done clothes wise, but he does have his own label now - Royal Underground.
Old 17 January 2009, 09:01 PM

Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackmac View Post
Any groupie must have been pretty desperate to sleep with a rock star to do either of those guys after all that time without showering.
If I tell you some psycho fan/groupie stories I know, you'll know that's true. Says the person who is sure she couldn't even go *near* someone she admires without fainting, much less talk to them.*

Once at a Red Sox game I was at I happened to sit by three girls who had met Derek Lowe in a bar the previous night, propositioned him, and were bewildered why he declined them. After a few minutes of conversation in that vein I moved to the standing section.

* okay, I've done it once. But it was for a good reason and if I hadn't had it I'd have stayed far away from the guy.

Sister "please don't ask" Ray