snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > NFBSK

Old 11 November 2008, 07:17 PM
kern

Default Impregnated via hooker

This is one I just heard as "this really happened" with no details -- supposedly a man goes to a hooker and gets some sperm from the previous client on his penis, then goes home and has sex with his wife, and the wife gets impregnated by the hooker's previous client's sperm. This seems wildly implausible on many levels, but I'm throwing it out there.
Old 11 November 2008, 07:28 PM

Very doubtful. Sperm is viable for a while room temperature, but only while the fluid remains wet. This would require the man to make absolutely no effort at cleaning himself after sex, and then have sex with his wife very shortly after, while the fluid was still wet.
Old 11 November 2008, 07:44 PM

D'oh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminilee View Post
Very doubtful. Sperm is viable for a while room temperature, but only while the fluid remains wet. This would require the man to make absolutely no effort at cleaning himself after sex, and then have sex with his wife very shortly after, while the fluid was still wet.
Yeah.

Also, I think that if someone's having unprotected sex with prostitutes, then having unprotected sex with his wife soon after, he probably has more things to concern himself with than his wife "accidentally" having another man's child.
Old 11 November 2008, 07:46 PM

It would also require that the "even one sperm cell" idea they give out in sex-antied classes be true. The amount that would be transferred likely wouldn't be enough to make it through.
Old 11 November 2008, 08:14 PM

I suppose this is a precautionary tale targeted towards men who have unprotected sex with prostitutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kern View Post
This is one I just heard as "this really happened" with no details -- supposedly a man goes to a hooker and gets some sperm from the previous client on his penis,....
And I'm pretty sure that majority of those men would run screaming at this point
Old 11 November 2008, 08:45 PM

Icon86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Jay View Post
And I'm pretty sure that majority of those men would run screaming at this point
For most men, I agree with you however, I think that any man 'brave' enough to have unprotected sex with a prostitute probably isn't real high on the pickiness scale.
Old 11 November 2008, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Jay View Post
Bit late by then.
Old 12 November 2008, 12:42 PM
JessBoo

Assuming all that did happen and the child looks vastly different enough from the 'father' for them to decide it's not his...how do they come to the conclusion that a bit of sperm got into his wife via him having sex with a prostitute? Surely 'that's not my child' more logically = 'you slept with someone else'?

Why am I even thinking about this?!
Old 12 November 2008, 05:00 PM

Roll eyes

Because you're just as crazy as the rest of us?

You're right though, the proof on this? "Hey honey, that kid doesn't look like me!" "You're right but I never cheated on you." "Hmmm, you know that kid does look a lot like the guy that was leaving this hooker I slept with about 9 months ago, I wonder..." Seems slightly unlikely.
Old 12 November 2008, 05:23 PM

I suppose (and let's face it we are now talking about someting rationally, which almost certainly didn't happen) that if the woman could somehow prove her fidelity beyond a shadow of a doubt, and paternity tests showed the husband wasn't the father then you could I dunno reach to this.

Or maybe she knew she had been faithful (frankly I think only she would know without it being called into doubt by anyone else), confronted him after he had put to her she'd been unfaithful, and he blurted it out.

Okay that's pretty thin as arguments go.
Old 12 November 2008, 06:13 PM
Koshka

Or she staged a preemptive accusation when the kid showed up not looking much like either parent. "Well, you admitted you were sleeping around ...".

...or, of course, this story was just made up.
Old 12 November 2008, 06:23 PM

One other thing occurs to me. I wouldn't be the first time someone has been caught out on a falsehood, which they were too ignorant to know wasn't true.

If she put it to him that such a thing was possible and he bought into it, then he maybe just put his hands up and admitted sleeping with the hooker.
Old 12 November 2008, 07:22 PM

This reminds me of an apocryphal letter to Dear Abby: "My husband cheats so much that I'm not even sure the child I'm carrying is his."