snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Fauxtography

Old 18 May 2008, 11:15 AM
Defrostmode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barns & No Bull View Post
I've read that a guy cannot pee with an erection, but I have done this. It doesn't hurt, but it make it difficult to aim into a toilet (urinals accept almost any possible angle). Come and pee at the same time? Never even heard of it before.
I don't know if I'm just a freak... and I also don't know about the two at the same time, but when I have an erection I cannot pee without it hurting. I have to, at the very least, wait for it to... decrease from a full-on hard-on, for lack of a better phrase, or it hurts like a mother@#$*er.
Old 18 May 2008, 07:12 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricBarbarella View Post
I like to pretend I've got big balls, but the truth is, I'm just a lady with nothing more than a slightly hairy vagina.
Grin! I've definitely got the balls...but maybe not very big'uns!

Quote:
BUT, I can answer your question. Just remember you asked. A simple google search of "testicle injection" which then led to "ananthate testical injection" which revealed a weird post: http://www.steadyhealth.com/my_left_...y_t154415.html

Now, is this entirely related to what we are talking about? I am not sure. He does speak of chronically masterbating and then revealing issues with his testicles.

Here is another: http://www.eunuch.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5729
asking how one injects with saline and he gets the answers on how to do so.

As for exactly where one would inject this, I am not sure and don't have any volunteers to try this out on , but at least what I've found is a start to answering your questions, Silas.
On the latter thread, someone asked why anyone would do this, and the answer given was: "Injecting saline into the scrotum or the testicle causes it to swell up. Nothing more. It's not a destructive thing; it's more of a temporary mod known as scrotal infusion or inflation, or testicle infusion."

It's a kink, perhaps comparable to insertion of objects into the urethra, or extreme urine retention, or -- well, we're versatile, aren't we? But I don't think it would increase ejaculate volume. (As I always try to add in these things, I may very well be wrong!)

Silas
Old 18 May 2008, 07:15 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookshow Baby View Post
Rather than injecting into the testis, could it be possible that he simply induced the fluid into the bladder using something like a catheter or a princes wand? Sure it could lead to all sorts of nasty infections, but given my wanderings on the internet and pages such as BMEzine (dont ask... I got bored) some people have rather different ideas of fun.
That would certainly be possible. I don't see it as necessary, though: it's trivial enough to fill one's bladder: just drink a whole bunch of water! Also, that leads to one's urine being fairly clear in color. And even if this is what the bloke did, it would indicate my hypothesis is correct: much of the ejaculate volume is coming from the bladder, and is not semen per se.

But, aye, as you note, people will follow their inspiration, and some people have very, very kinky imaginations!

Silas
Old 18 May 2008, 07:30 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
. . . Wait, I have a rather delicate question for the men. It's been mentioned that maybe he was urinating while ejaculating. I'm not trying to be TMI here, but every guy I have ever been with, including my husband, cannot pee with a hard on, nor can they pee while ejaculating. I'm sure, given the links I posted, it can be done with training, but I was always told that it just plain hurts, painful almost.
Several sex-education web sites state that it is impossible to urinate at the same time as ejaculating; one said there was a "valve" involved that prevents it.

The thing is, with people, that with some effort and some practice, we can bypass certain of our body's natural processes. Just for instance, we also have a valve that prevents us from swallowing at the same time we are breathing -- but nearly everyone has choked or inhaled a bit of food or drink.

So, yes: it is difficult ("hard" haw haw haw) to urinate while erect, but when a man puts his mind to it, he can learn how the internal muscles work, and choose to relax them. It's a very, very trivial example of conscious "Yogic" biofeedback and muscle control.

(Somewhat similar to learning how to wiggle your ears, or even conscious control over the dilation and contraction of the iris of the eye.)

Quote:
This guy was hard as a rock, practically filled a cup full with "stuff" while ejaculating, and then went nearly immediately soft, after. I can't see it being urine. I just can't. His testicles are too large for that. He had to have injected something in his testicles. That link I posted talks about how to do this so it is done.
The problem, as I see it, is that I don't think the vas deferens are sufficiently capable of carrying such a volume of liquid. They aren't "massive transport" ducts, like arteries or veins or the urethra. They don't have associated muscles to provide contractions -- peristalsis -- to move the fluid forward.

(Neither do the ureters nor the upper parts of the urethra, of course, and, in men, urination is not assisted by peristalsis, whereas ejaculation most certainly is.)

Quote:
So tell me, if you believe it's some type of urine with semen, and you are a guy, can you pee with a hard on and ejaculate while peeing? Does it hurt? This did not look painful to me.
I can do the former. It is a little uncomfortable, but, over time, it is less so than it was at first.

(I'm also able to stifle my sneezes. If I'm about to sneeze, and I'd rather not -- maybe I'm at a musical performance, or maybe I'm sneaking up on somebody in a paintball battle -- I can bear down on my lungs and diaphragm, grit my teeth, and contain the sneeze, all quite silently. It isn't that difficult to learn. I taught myself this trick when I was fifteen, and I have *never* had any respect for movies and tv shows where secret agents gave themselves away with a sneeze.)

As to the latter, this isn't something I have experimented with. Once, experimentally, I masturbated while my bladder was very full, to see if it would provide greater pleasure. Quite the opposite; the sensations were uncomfortable. I can't tell you if any amount of urine accompanied the semen.

I suppose, in the interests of science...

Nah... I think I'll just have a nice ham sandwich and watch tv instead....

Silas
Old 18 May 2008, 07:51 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barns & No Bull View Post
Directly into the testicles. For this discussion, forget about female ejaculators and Howard Stern videos of female ejaculators.
Um... Testicles aren't hollow. They're semi-solid, sort of spongy. It's a little as if you were suggesting injecting fluid into an apricot. You'd get swelling (edema) but it wouldn't be accessible.

The kink site that ElectricBarbarella (great name, by the way!) linked to indicated injecting fluids into the scrotal sac, for a feeling of fullness. The liquid would eventually be resorbed into the body, but it wouldn't gush through the vas deferens.

Also note that the vas deferens do not connect to the urethra directly. It isn't like merging from a highway onto a freeway. Instead, they deliver sperm and the spermiferous fluid (I don't know the name of this stuff, and I really need to!) to the prostate and seminal vesicles. There's a disconnect; it's more like passengers getting off of one train, waiting at the station for a while, and then getting on to another train.

("He said 'getting off,' huh huh huh...")

Quote:
Some crazy guy injects huge amounts of fluid into his balls using a large bore hypodermic needle. He injects so much that his scrotum ends up looking like a beach ball (just like the OP guy). Look at the OP video again. His scrotum is larger than his fist and has no "looseness" at all. It is a huge and tight fluid mass like an overinflated water balloon. That isn't normal at all.
I hope he's enjoying himself...but... Well, I may be wrong. (It is part of my overall insecurity that I do want to emphasize this. I am not a doctor, nor an anatomist. I do have a copy of Gray's Anatomy...)

Quote:
His testes now contain a vastly abnormal amount of fluid and are pressurized beyond any natural level. What happens next? The male urinary/ejaculatory system is a partially-common plumbing system with one-way valves, specialized muscles and venturi arrangements. Urination and ejaculation ultimately use some of the same ducts (plumbing) and this is why the first fluid component of ejaculation is critical to chemically prepare the plumbing for viable sperm travel. Yeah, I'm gonna switch to street language for this.
"On State Street, that great street, I just wanna say,
They do things they don't do on Broadway!"

Actually, I just went through Gray's again: the testes are internally divided into septae. Instead of an apricot, I might better have compared it to an orange. If you were to inject liquid into a testicle, it would cause one septa to swell.

(For the ladies, imagine trying to produce a gigantic volume of lactation by injecting fluids into the breast. You'd have to engage in dozens and dozens of injections, targeting each of the many milk-producing glands. The breast would not only swell, but unequally; it would become lumpy and quilted. The glands wouldn't drain all at the same time, either, and so the result would be uneven, sporadic, and non-spectacular.)

If you were surgically accurate enough to inject liquid into the epididymus, you might get some of the effect you desire...but these guys are not very large!

Here is a web site that might be of some interest. One thing I note from it: the seminal vesicles (surrounding the prostate) add 30% of the total ejaculate volume (in normal circumstances) and the prostate itself adds 60%. Only 10% of the volume (normally) comes from the testes.

It is up to others to explore whether the video is faked in the first place: could the guy be employing the "Mr. Creosote" technique, where the fluid is coming from an external tube hidden behind the penis?

Silas (one of the most fascinating discussions I've ever participated in!)
Old 19 May 2008, 01:11 PM
Statistically714

I question the assertation that the person in the video is actually erect. He's definitely flaccid after the "ejaculation" is finished and the penis flops down with the foreskin covering everything. During the performance, however, the penis and head don't look particularly rigid/engorged to me, since his hand is gripping everything very tightly. It also appears like he's pulling back the foreskin throughout, and almost pumping on the enlarged scrotum to expel the fluid.

An earlier post mentioned how the diameter of the vas deferens is very small. This is true, and they're the only normal route from the testes to the urinary tract, so I think it's pretty unlikely that the fluid is coming from the scrotum and testes. I think the enlarged sac and the pumping motion are probably part of body modification to fit the theme of the video as expressed by the title: bigger balls = bigger load. This probably fits with the ideas of the viewers with the fetish, but isn't necessarily anatomically correct.

The fluid coming from the bladder, after being placed their either through injection or some sort of catheter, seems to me like the most likely explanation. If the subject of the video is indeed flaccid, it wouldn't be too hard for him to expel the fluid in spurts of urination while making it appear to be ejaculate...
Old 19 May 2008, 07:29 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statistically714 View Post
I question the assertation that the person in the video is actually erect. He's definitely flaccid after the "ejaculation" is finished and the penis flops down with the foreskin covering everything . . . .
Is it possible for a man to ejaculate while not fully erect? I've seen some very floppy (and sloppy) performance in x-rated movies....

But, in any case, your analysis (urinalysis, haw haw?) is largely the same as mine: the large volume of liquid just has to be coming from the bladder, as there isn't any other gland, duct, or organ of sufficient volume and capacity!

(Unless he's had surgical modification of some sort... A squicky thought...)

Silas
Old 19 May 2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Sparkhammer View Post
Is it possible for a man to ejaculate while not fully erect? I've seen some very floppy (and sloppy) performance in x-rated movies....

Silas
Yes it is possible.

I'll tell you one thing - I'm glad my employer blocks certain websites. I do not want to even think about clicking the link in the OP!

Last edited by Debunker; 19 May 2008 at 08:25 PM. Reason: fix typo
Old 19 May 2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Sparkhammer View Post
Is it possible for a man to ejaculate while not fully erect?
I would say yes.
Old 19 May 2008, 08:43 PM

Silas, if you think my name is great, check out my blog, I saw them in concert for the first time, last night.

And good umm, "cum"back, with adding the "experimentally masterbating" thing.

toni
Old 20 May 2008, 07:07 PM

Whalephant

Quote:
Silas, if you think my name is great, check out my blog, I saw them in concert for the first time, last night.
My goodness, it's the President of the Stellar Republic!

Quote:
And good umm, "cum"back, with adding the "experimentally masterbating" thing.
I try to keep my hand in...

Silas ("Passengers to Newark must get off at this station." "They...uh! uh! uh!...aren't the only ones!")
Old 20 May 2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarquin Farquart View Post
I would say yes.
I would also say yes. How do I know? Well lets just say I know it is possible
Old 23 May 2008, 10:40 AM
DobbinDodger

As noted, the yellowness means little. Actually it increases the realism, since if you (or at least, me, and several gf's partners I've heard about in the past) haven't had it in a while, it gets yellower and greater in quantity. At points, it looks TOO fluid though, like it might indeed be diluted somehow.

Except that you can't really dilute semen. Go ahead - try!

It's very odd how flaccid he looks - partly erect during and then instantly soft afterward. If it's real, he's not enjoying it, I would say. Hell, if it's fake he certainly isn't!

Gah.
Old 23 May 2008, 09:03 PM

Whalephant

The cum is greater than the hole it departs.

Silas
Old 25 May 2008, 04:50 PM

Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_feldon View Post
That doesn't necessarily indicate urine, though. Sometimes it's a little yellow on its own.
Or it could be an effect of poor lighting. Milk will sometimes look yellow on film.
Old 25 May 2008, 09:02 PM
I'm Not Okay!

Vanishing

This may be a bit of a stretch, since I'm not very clear on how this condition works... but what are the odds that he is subject to retrograde ejaculations? If he is, would it be possible for him to build up enough ejaculate in his bladder to then urinate normally, but have it be diluted enough to not exactly look like urine?

Like I said, I have next-to-no knowledge on this subject, so I'm just throwing it out there.
Old 27 May 2008, 02:08 AM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Not Okay! View Post
This may be a bit of a stretch, since I'm not very clear on how this condition works... but what are the odds that he is subject to retrograde ejaculations? If he is, would it be possible for him to build up enough ejaculate in his bladder to then urinate normally, but have it be diluted enough to not exactly look like urine?

Like I said, I have next-to-no knowledge on this subject, so I'm just throwing it out there.
I won't state this with any certainty, but I don't *think* this would work. It would involve building up a cup full, one or two tablespoons at a time, while not urinating during the whole process.

Being dehydrated, thus not accumulating much urine, wouldn't work, because the same dehydration would also interfere with the production of semen: both draw water from the blood (urine via the kidneys, and semen via the seminal vesicles and the prostate.) This would also intensify the color.

Not being dehydrated, urine would accumulate much faster than semen would, and the bladder would soon be full, mostly with urine.

But...I am not sufficiently sure of this to state it with any dogmatism.

Silas
Old 02 June 2008, 12:48 AM

However, if dehydrated, what little urine accumulated would be VERY yellow/orange - much moreso than the stuff in the video.

I had a new thunk:

I think he "injected" a milky substance via his urethra - and then only appeared to mastubate/ejaculate, all the while he "urinates" the stuff back out. That would explain the residual yellow tint, and the immediate flaciditude of his member - as it was never actually erect in the first place.

Now - my only real question is what the heck is wrong with his scrotum?
Old 07 June 2008, 09:06 PM

To answer the question above about the ability to urinate and ejaculate simultanteously, 'tis impossible. The internal urethral sphincter clamps down at the moment of ejaculation, preventing urine and semen from mixing.

Oddly enough, it's not contamination of ejaculate with urine that is the concern. Urine is sterile, and small amounts wouldn't be an issue. It's the contamination of the bladder with semen, where the germ cells can cause an infection.