snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Police Blotter

Old 30 October 2017, 01:48 PM

Default Paul Manafort, Rick Gates Charged In Special Prosecutorís Probe

Former Donald Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort and his longtime business associate Rick Gates were indicted by a federal grand jury on 12 charges, including conspiracy against the U.S., Special Counsel Robert Mueller's office announced Monday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-probe-n815536
Old 30 October 2017, 06:05 PM

Lock 'em up!
Old 30 October 2017, 06:31 PM

These guys are not the ringleaders. Hopefully they'll reveal something incriminating against the real ringleaders.
Old 30 October 2017, 06:40 PM

The problem is that since the "ring leader" has the power to pardon them the DOJ doesn't have much leverage.
Old 30 October 2017, 06:47 PM

Baseball

Reading the President's reaction to the charges is interesting. So, the crimes were committed years ago.

Hmmmmm.

He knew he was hiring criminals then?

And then he asks where the deep look is into the Democrats and Hilary.

Hmmmmm.

For events that weren't criminal?

And his all caps saying that there is no collusion.

Reminds me of my daughter texting when she was 14. She was angry with me and texted all caps so I could read it clearly.

And Jimmy is not alone in his thinking. I've seen many a comment today stating that Trump will need a whole box of pens to sign all the pardons.
Old 30 October 2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy101_again View Post
The problem is that since the "ring leader" thas the power to pardon them the DOJ doesn't have much leverage.
They don't necessarily need to cooperate, just let slip something that allows the DOJ to issue a warrant against someone further up the chain.
Old 30 October 2017, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UEL View Post
And then he asks where the deep look is into the Democrats and Hilary.
I know, isn't it outrageous? When has anyone bothered to investigate anything about Hillary Clinton? Complete negligence on the part of the Congress!
Old 30 October 2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy101_again View Post
The problem is that since the "ring leader" has the power to pardon them the DOJ doesn't have much leverage.
The ring leader cannot go after them if the state decides to charge them which Mueller has already anticipated by apparently talking with state prosecutors in case that does happen.

This isn't like Arpio though, Trump's lawyers likely have told him that if you pardon them, you are putting yourself at risk. It doesn't stop state prosecution and if they accept a pardon, Manafort and Gates would be accepting guilt.
Old 31 October 2017, 01:11 AM

This has certainly been an entertaining news day. But I find it challenging to be optimistic about anything political these days, so I am trying not to follow along it too closely until something more definitive happens and it's over with.
Old 31 October 2017, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Q. Taft View Post
I know, isn't it outrageous? When has anyone bothered to investigate anything about Hillary Clinton? Complete negligence on the part of the Congress!
Startling Report Finds Evidence Democrats May Have Attempted To Influence 2016 Election
Old 31 October 2017, 01:36 AM

Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errata View Post
This has certainly been an entertaining news day. But I find it challenging to be optimistic about anything political these days, so I am trying not to follow along it too closely until something more definitive happens and it's over with.
Same here. I donít think thereís any mere political scandal that would get Trump out of office. As shitty the political situation is, part of me suspects it wonít be too long before pundits and apologists are like, ďNow, thereís nothing in the Constitution saying that President Trump canít hunt humans for sport.Ē Though that hypothetical scenario is probably inaccurate: hunting humans for sport, after all, requires work ethic, something Donald Trump is opposed to.

I imagine the town of Yorba Linda hasnít stopped echoing with the wails coming from the angry ghost of Richard Nixon. Heís probably been constantly going, ďOh come on, they got me to resign with less than what they have on Trump!Ē Again, Nixon was born too early and served too early. A few decades later, he could have escaped Watergate by denying that he did it, while releasing stuff that proves he did it, AND still continue to deny that he did.
Old 31 October 2017, 01:53 AM

Destined to be reposted in Breitbart comment section unironically, with something about how even libtard rags know that Clinton is the real colluder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
I imagine the town of Yorba Linda hasn’t stopped echoing with the wails coming from the angry ghost of Richard Nixon. He’s probably been constantly going, “Oh come on, they got me to resign with less than what they have on Trump!” Again, Nixon was born too early and served too early. A few decades later, he could have escaped Watergate by denying that he did it, while releasing stuff that proves he did it, AND still continue to deny that he did.
The Trump administration is like nothing but Teapot Dome scandals, all day every day, with Fox News and other official state propaganda telling us the real problem is that black people are kneeling.