snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Non-UL Chat > Wild Kingdom

Closed Thread

Old 08 February 2013, 01:34 PM

Stay out of the (dirty) laundry! Over, and over, and...
Old 08 February 2013, 02:30 PM

Why worry about that? you're just going to wash it.
Now, OTOH, I have been quite irritated at felines who curl up in the basket of fresh-from-the-dryer laundry because I don't want cat hair all over my clean clothes.
Old 08 February 2013, 04:47 PM

If I'm not putting a basket of clean clothes away immediately, I'll drape a towel over the basket. Kitties get warm soft place to sit, I get cat-hair free laundry (and cuteness).

I don't really care if they're in the dirty laundry, but I mostly keep it in a walk-in closet they're not allowed into (see: cat-hair free clothing).
Old 08 February 2013, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainie View Post
(see: cat-hair free clothing).
I'm not allowed to have that. Pablo will run the entire length of his body along my leg while I'm making my morning coffee to ensure that I go to work with the accessory that goes with everything: cat hair.

Cat-hair free food is apparently also forbidden in this house.
Old 08 February 2013, 04:54 PM

Well, mine is cat-hair free until I remove it from the closet. And if I'm going to work or somewhere else where appearance is important, I try to get dressed immediately before leaving the house -- I definitely don't sit down.

When I have both a light-haired and a dark-haired cat, they seem to take turns rubbing against me for maximum effect. I may be anthropomorphizing.
Old 08 February 2013, 07:37 PM

No wardrobe is complete without cat hair.
Old 09 February 2013, 02:21 AM

I beg to differ. It needs dog hair too. And for special occasions, horsie snot. (He's so damn good at that "rub mom with my nose" thing!)
Old 09 February 2013, 08:10 AM

My dear little pudding-cat, you are going to swallow that pill every morning before breakfast.

If you spit it out, we will just go through the same procedure all over again. So just swallow, already, and then you can have your Felix.

(To be fair to her, she's actually very compliant about it all until spitting time. That doesn't make the pilling-a-cat-with-a-slimy-pill-picked-up-off-the-floor part any more fun, though)

(And it's a slow-release formula, so I can't just crush it up and hide it in her food)
Old 09 February 2013, 01:34 PM

Oho. Wish I'd known about those last time Sirocco was ill. Chloe, bless her, isn't too problematic; Sirocco would rather starve
Old 09 February 2013, 04:51 PM

Rusty, I know you did not want to leave the dog park when we did, but we had been there over two hours. Oh, sure, you still were having fun, but you had gotten very tired, and you sometimes get cranky with the other dogs after an extra-long play period. And now it is proven, as I put leftover pot roast juice in your dish as a treat and you did not even bother to get up and lap it up.
Old 10 February 2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainie View Post
Well, mine is cat-hair free until I remove it from the closet. And if I'm going to work or somewhere else where appearance is important, I try to get dressed immediately before leaving the house -- I definitely don't sit down.

When I have both a light-haired and a dark-haired cat, they seem to take turns rubbing against me for maximum effect. I may be anthropomorphizing.
I used to keep a lint roller in the car. I'd leave the house five minutes early and sit in the car defurring my clothes before going to work.
Old 11 February 2013, 02:16 AM

Icon108

Bear,

You know, you could save yourself a good many pokes to the face if you'd be just a little less hellbent on placing yourself between me and whatever I happen to be reaching for at the moment.

~Psihala
Old 11 February 2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStorm View Post
Pill Pockets are your friend. Are they available in your area? I have to give my oldest cat her thyroid meds and there is no way in Heaven, Hell or Earth I'm going to stick them down her throat. Not happening!
I haven't seen them over here. I stuff pills into a bit of greasy sausage or greasy chicken. The cats down those "forbidden treats" before I change my mind!
Old 14 February 2013, 01:56 PM

Dear Pets.

The roses, stuffed animals, and all assorted accessories were a Valentines Day gift for E*E and E*E only.

Martini the little stuffed Chihuahua and Calico are not doggy toys for you to grab and take off running through the house with grinning like an idiot.

Bailey the ribbons and crinkly paper are not for you.

And for both of you the roses are not food.
Old 14 February 2013, 08:33 PM

Joe, it is part of your duties to get them their own valentines and those should be edible.
Old 19 February 2013, 06:02 AM

Darling cats, Mummy would be a lot less grumpy in the morning if you hadn't kept her awake half the night. Just sayin'.

(I guess Chloe really wasn't keen on yesterday's blood test. Fair enough, can't blame her. But mewing outside my door really isn't going to make it not have happened...)
Old 19 February 2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilBunny View Post
My dear little pudding-cat, you are going to swallow that pill every morning before breakfast.

If you spit it out, we will just go through the same procedure all over again. So just swallow, already, and then you can have your Felix.

(To be fair to her, she's actually very compliant about it all until spitting time. That doesn't make the pilling-a-cat-with-a-slimy-pill-picked-up-off-the-floor part any more fun, though)

(And it's a slow-release formula, so I can't just crush it up and hide it in her food)
Our lab would eat her heart worm tablet out of our hand and then she would get her breakfast. Once Mum and Dad were away and she also was on a course of antibiotics. Some procedure as with the heart worm until the very last tablet, when she just wouldn't eat them. So no breakfast for her!! There is only so long a lab will hold out if she isn't getting her food. She eventually ate them. Hiding the tablet in food just did not work. We tried hiding it in sausage once, the sausage went but the tablet was still in the bowel. Yes she could be a bit of a miss at times.
Old 19 February 2013, 12:09 PM

Sadly, Chloe is... Chloe If I institute a 'first eat your pill, then you get your dinner' rule, she will refuse to eat her pill and then miaow and prrrrrrp! at me about the missing dinner until she dies of starvation.

Cats. Remind me why I thought they were a good idea, again?
Old 19 February 2013, 12:23 PM

Mr Minns - why are you not fitted with a "snooze" button?

Kitty - Mr Minns has been here more than 3 years and he still isn't going away, so please stop hissing.
Old 20 February 2013, 11:33 AM

Whalephant

Imhotep I understand that as a mere human I am kitty furniture. However you need for me to get comfortable in bed before hopping up on me if you don't want to get moved.
Closed Thread