snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Closed Thread

Old 24 January 2013, 05:13 PM

My son heard me say to my wife that I had a hard day at work, so he went and got his Lego Minifigure sheet and cut out some of the pictures for me to take to work, since they are cool. He gave me the viking and Minitaur pictures. He takes good care of me.
Old 27 January 2013, 03:23 AM

Canada

The Edmonton Oilers have a player named Ladislav Smid, but announcers often leave off or don't clearly enunciate the D at the end of Smid, so it sounds like Smee. This causes me to picture Captain Hook's minion playing hockey.

Last edited by Minstrel; 27 January 2013 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Made a terrible sleepy-headed error!
Old 27 January 2013, 04:47 AM

I've meant to post this one for a while. There are several conditions where one of the teachers has to check the condition of the field before the kids are allowed off the blacktop onto it. So they all line the blacktop edge and wait. When I walk on it, bend over to feel the surface/, find it okay and jerk my thumb back, in the hitchhike motion indicating "out you go," the celebratory roar from 200 kids is something to hear.

Many of my kids were very low readers at the beginning of last year. They got a special intervention course known as LLI. They were still behind (mid-grade one) in September, but almost all of my LLI kids are now at the beginning of grade 2 level in our assessment. It is wonderful. With a little extra care they might be completely caught up by the end of the year, and if not will certainly be close. I'm very excited. This has never happened to me before, since this is only my second year in the second grade. The idea that I might catch all these kids up to where they are supposed to be makes me so happy.
Two non-LLI kids also caught up and are now exactly where they are supposed to be. This is all in reading only, of course, but if you can't read you can't do much else. I must be doing something right!
Old 29 January 2013, 10:00 PM

I've had kind of a sucky week. It all built up by lunchtime, so I went down to the beach, threw a sheet on the sand, and laid face down and cried for thirty minutes. The sound of the surf covered my sobs.

Having a beach to cry on makes me very happy.

ETA: IF any of my snopester friends on Facebook mention this post on my timeline, I will be very unhappy.
Old 29 January 2013, 10:18 PM

Having a sandy beach to go to at lunchtime, sobbing or not would make anyone happy. I'm sorry you're having a sucky week.
Old 29 January 2013, 10:20 PM

Listening to the comedy station on the radio instead of talk radio. Makes the drive better.
Old 29 January 2013, 10:58 PM

Icon18

One of my fanfics got bookmarked eight times in four hours last night. (For scale, I posted it in early October, and before yesterday it was bookmarked five times total.) I did some Googling to see where the attention was coming from and found a very nice review + link on tumblr, which has been reblogged at least twice.

-Tabby
the princess with claws
Old 29 January 2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Listening to the comedy station on the radio instead of talk radio. Makes the drive better.
Yeah I adore the comedy channels on XM/Sirus.
Old 29 January 2013, 11:29 PM

I went to my old grocery store in my old neighborhood today. It was lovely to know where everything is and to be out in less than an hour.
Old 30 January 2013, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbyclaw View Post
One of my fanfics got bookmarked eight times in four hours last night. (For scale, I posted it in early October, and before yesterday it was bookmarked five times total.) I did some Googling to see where the attention was coming from and found a very nice review + link on tumblr, which has been reblogged at least twice.

-Tabby
the princess with claws
What are your fanfics about?
Old 30 January 2013, 04:40 PM

My lunch today, from the cafeteria in my building: a panini with portabello mushroom, baby spinach, sundried tomato, feta cheese and pesto mayonnaise, on good, substantial multigrain bread.
Old 30 January 2013, 05:01 PM

My favorite Chinese buffet, which has been closed for renovations for the last six months finally is open, and we're going for lunch today! I've been eagerly awaiting this ever since we went for my birthday lunch in July and got the bad news they were closed.
Old 30 January 2013, 10:40 PM

Icon18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latiam View Post
What are your fanfics about?
I dabble in a handful of fandoms, but this particular story was my one foray into Once Upon a Time. I'll PM you a link if you'd like.

-Tabby
the princess with claws
Old 31 January 2013, 09:49 PM

My new torch!
Old 01 February 2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabbyclaw View Post
I dabble in a handful of fandoms, but this particular story was my one foray into Once Upon a Time. I'll PM you a link if you'd like.

-Tabby
the princess with claws
Oooh, yes, please!
Old 01 February 2013, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moku View Post
My new torch!
You'll need something more intimidating than that when you storm the mad scientist's laboratory!
Old 01 February 2013, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spam & Cookies-mmm View Post
ETA: IF any of my snopester friends on Facebook mention this post on my timeline, I will be very unhappy.
I was going to send a PM, but I realize it's probably worth posting for everyone to see. Because most profiles here on snopes contain our real names, it is very easy for someone searching for a poster's real name to stumble over their snopes accounts and/or posts. Once they get just one hit, all they need to do is click a user name and hit "all statistics" to find your recent posting history. If there's something you don't want your friends or family to find out on Facebook, it's not near as private or hidden as one might think here on snopes (or any webpage where your real name is linked).
Old 01 February 2013, 03:31 AM

Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallah View Post
IBecause most profiles here on snopes contain our real names, it is very easy for someone searching for a poster's real name to stumble over their snopes accounts and/or posts.
Even if your full name is listed in your profile info for this board, nobody is going to find it by running a web search on your name. The only way someone would find it would be if you also used your real name as your account name.
Old 01 February 2013, 06:39 AM

Finally! I always said, all I ever wanted was an apology. (possibly classifiable as NSFW based on language?)
Old 01 February 2013, 02:06 PM

ASL made me chuckle, then I laughed at myself that I glanced around guiltily, to see if anyone noticed.
Closed Thread