snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Closed Thread

Old 20 January 2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordmaster View Post
Dear Self,

You just made us look stupid. You fail life forever.

Signed,
Yourself

PS - Stop trying to do three things at once.

Seriously, though, some of the posts are almost unreadable.
Swordmaster,

My sympathies. I took a Creative Writing class this past summer, and a number of my classmates were posted how they couldn't wait to be the next J.K. Rowling....and half of them couldn't spell their way out of a paper bag. I rather suspect the instructor despaired of them.

Magdalene
Old 20 January 2013, 06:17 PM

Swordmaster,

If I seriously upset you, I apologize. Getting a single wrong word isn't anywhere near as bad as the posts you described.

Still friends?

TGG
Old 20 January 2013, 06:17 PM

Dear self ~

Why do you do this every semester? This is your third year of school. You've done this enough times to know better. You've checked and re-checked the schedule, the room number, and ordered the required material. That stuff will be here by Tuesday. Assuming they don't cancel class at the last second, you don't even pay for any of it until mid-week.

You haven't forgotten anything. Class. Doesn't. Start. Until. Thursday! Stop worrying that school has started already!

~Self
Old 20 January 2013, 06:24 PM

Oh, you didn't upset me TGG! Don't worry.
Old 20 January 2013, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdalene View Post
Swordmaster,

My sympathies. I took a Creative Writing class this past summer, and a number of my classmates were posted how they couldn't wait to be the next J.K. Rowling....and half of them couldn't spell their way out of a paper bag. I rather suspect the instructor despaired of them.

Magdalene
If that was intentional, it was clever.
Old 20 January 2013, 09:40 PM

Dear neighbor,
While I appreciate the danger an unleashed, out of control dog would have on the chickens you have running around in your front yard, mine were neither. They were both on leashes. They were both heeled. We were on a public sidewalk.

And I am terribly sorry you disagree, but it was hilarious when you called The Boutros "That monster" who you wanted away from your dogs immediately. Yes, he did whine a little as we approached, and his eye did take on a "small, loose animals! I must herd them. I must herd them now!" aspect, at no point did he lunge toward your chickens. And we are talking about a 12 year old, very gentle dog who is missing a good number of teeth, which you could see because he was grinning from ear to ear. Which was probably because I was laughing so hard.

I know you don't know my dogs, but you saw that they were well under control and happy, not growling, not agressive in any way. And I am sorry, it is really funny that anyone would 1.) Claim the Boutros was a "monster" and 2.) Get upset at someone whose animals were contained and under control as yours were running all around an unfenced front yard.

Love,
TGirl, The Boutros and Holly
Old 20 January 2013, 10:24 PM

(Aside: Ever have a week were you just feel everything the people around you are doing is setting you off somehow?)

Dear Single Parent,

I would lay odds that the reason why you can't find a babysitter for your son is because it's very plain at the age of 8, your son already 'rules the roost', and nobody else around you wants to deal with him. I have been to your house. I have heard you say, in very wishy-washy tones, "Johnny, it's time for a bath." "Johnny, won't you take your bath?" "Johnny, pretty please take your bath?" Meanwhile, your son sits like a lump on the sofa and ignores you. This is where you need to grow a spine and say in no-nonsense tones, "Johnny, get in the tub."

And please stop making excuses that you don't know how to 'properly socialize' your child because you weren't 'properly socialized' yourself. Some things are just plain common sense. Among them:

1.) You do not let your child aim his racetrack cars at people's windows/mirrors. While they're not likely to be large enough to do damage, one lucky shot could cause a chip or crack. For that matter, on top of the table--where people are trying to eat--is a big obvious no as well.

2.) If there is a family-sized bag of chips for everybody to share, you don't let your son take the whole bag and walk off with it.

3.) If all the other kids at the party are being told 'no' to a certain treat, don't give one to your son in front of them and their parents. I swear at that point, I saw blood pressures rising because several of them had managed to avoid meltdowns with *their* kids with the, "None of the other kids are getting any" statement. I'm not a parent, and even I get that in certain situations, it's a politically good move in those circles to show solidarity with the other parents, rather than give in to your kid because you don't want to deal.

Which is kind of the entire point of this whole rant, here. You keep giving into your kid because it's "easier" and you "don't want the hassle". You admit this...and then you can't figure out why you and your kid don't get a second invite, and why the other parents don't want to 'trade off' babysitting with you.

Gain control of your kid. Make it clear that *you* are the parent. Teach your kid some manners.

Magdalene
Old 20 January 2013, 10:36 PM

"Dear" Sports bra makers -

I do not give a flying NFBSK if your sports bra reduces the "dreaded uniboob" I am more interested in a sports bra that reduces the dreaded, and painful, bouncing effect!

Annoyed customer who is still looking
Old 20 January 2013, 10:42 PM

Dear Self,
Calm down. Take some deep, calming breaths.

Seriously. Yes you made mistakes, but your professor doesn't hate you. And if you were calm, they never would have happened in the first place. At least you got a tube of blood on the first try.

Stop panicking. You know how to draw blood. You can do it easily if you are calm. Shaking so hard you can't find a vein and almost stab yourself in the hand with the needle is NOT helpful.

You know you hate drawing blood, but you just need more practice. In any case, you're actually not bad when you're calm. And next time, find a reliable partner to draw you, so that you aren't stuck drawing the professor.

The one who never wants to be a phlebotomist

P.S. The professor doesn't hate you, so you can actually meet his eyes in class. No really, he doesn't mind that you drew his blood. Stop ducking behind the instruments!
Old 20 January 2013, 10:44 PM

Hugs, inkrose! I had to remind myself last week that panic only makes things worse. Hard to remember when you are starting to, though.
Old 20 January 2013, 10:56 PM

Dr L:

Given the nature of our program, it's very easy for you to know exactly what we've already covered. Because of this, there's no need for you to assign 120+ pages of readings on things we covered last semester in a different course. Especially 120+ pages of a very expensive textbook that most of us don't have because it was only recommended and not required. Also, use your time better. The 50 minute time slot should be no surprise to you, and if you hadn't babbled on for 15 minutes at the beginning, we wouldn't have had to teach ourselves the last 10 slides of your lecture, which are possibly the most confusing parts.

- Keket, who is very glad we only have him for 3 lectures.

--------
Dearest other Dr L:

Thank you for your simple, clear explanations of inhalation anesthetic principles. If we hadn't covered it with you, I'd have no idea what that bloody book was on about. Your lectures were far more straightforwad and interesting.

- Keket, who adores you and will be very sorry when we don't have you anymore
Old 20 January 2013, 11:14 PM

I would actually consider sending that latter one -- it just might make someone's day to get some positive, constructive feedback and a nice compliment to boot.

~Psihala
Old 20 January 2013, 11:16 PM

I probably won't send it, but I probably will mention it to her in class, we still have her right now. Plus it went on her course evaluation last semester about how fantastic I think she is.
Old 20 January 2013, 11:21 PM

::deep breath::

Friend,

I love you, but I am going to have to let you go. Friday night when you didn't show and didn't call was a case of "Not the worst time, but the last time". I am tired of making plans with you and you 1.) Don't show up, 2.) Show up late, 3.) Give lame excuses for 1 and 2 (seriously--being late for our shift at the booth and leaving me to set up by myself because your boyfriend "kept you in bed" was not really all that cute), and 4.) Don't bother calling at all to explain either 1 and 2.

I'd love to be friends with you, but you are going to have to decide you are going to show some respect.

Regards,
Magdalene
Old 21 January 2013, 01:36 AM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLockeout View Post

I do not give a flying NFBSK if your sports bra reduces the "dreaded uniboob"
I don't think I ever had one of those, but I already know I don't want one.
Old 21 January 2013, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLockeout View Post

I do not give a flying NFBSK if your sports bra reduces the "dreaded uniboob" I am more interested in a sports bra that reduces the dreaded, and painful, bouncing effect!

Annoyed customer who is still looking
I would think, though, that if you could ger support and separation between the breasts, you would have the more pleasant experience of less sweatiness between them and more airflow. But I will confess to having no experience at all in the matter.
Old 21 January 2013, 02:53 AM

I don't really CARE. I just want them to stop bouncing so I can exercise and lose weight. The bouncing is PAINFUL. I don't give a rats behind if they look like a shelf, or two melons while I'm doing it, I just want it to STOP.
Old 21 January 2013, 03:16 AM

I've found that wearing two helps me. Basically, most sports bras function via compression (which causes the "dreaded uniboob" if you're larger than about a B-cup), but you can get the best of both worlds if you wear one that is meant not to under one that, well, might a bit.

Think sports bra-that-looks-like-a-regular-bra (more or less) under sports bra-that-looks-like-kind-of-a-tight-tank-top-only-very-short.
Old 21 January 2013, 04:20 AM

Royalty

Cher who-ever..

it's turned midnight on a Sunday so pourquoi the huge bombardment of fireworks..

votre reine des caramels..
Old 21 January 2013, 07:10 AM

Dear driver of my morning metro train,

stopping the already closing doors when you saw me running to catch your train to let me in was a very nice thing to do. Thank you!

The guy who didn't have to wait for the next train in the freezing wind
Closed Thread