snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > SLC Central > SLC

Closed Thread

Old 12 January 2013, 06:44 PM

Apparently, I had a baby! Somehow. Skipped the labor though, man that was easy. Except then it turned out to be like...really hard to care for a child. So I just decided to retcon my life so I didn't have a baby anymore. And it just kind of vanished.

...man that would make life's big decisions easier...
Old 12 January 2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
For some reason I'm going to give Cervus driving lessons, which pretty much consist of having her drive me around the town I grew up in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
My dad is going to sell his blue 1979 Toyota Corolla to Cervus.
I see a narrative emerging here.
Old 13 January 2013, 01:21 AM

I did not think of that. Actually in last night's dream I recalled your complaints about your old car and thought to myself "Why would she want *that* car. It's just as crappy as the one she just got rid of."
Old 13 January 2013, 03:25 AM

last night i had a simple dream, where my SO, and another friend couple were sitting on my deck, in big fluffy robes, having breakfast, discussing how insanely odd it was we had become millionaires by starting a "person as a pet" rental company.
Old 15 January 2013, 02:04 PM

Ugh. I had my first snopes semi-nightmare. Turns our Barbara and snopes have decided to turn the site into a wiki, so all the pages have begun to include things like "True: this happened to someone I knew at college." For some reason it was up to me, Joe Bentley, musicgeek, and a snopester called Ironclad to monitor all the pages and purge them of crap.
Old 15 January 2013, 02:40 PM

I am Batman. And I have to save the neighborhood from someone who's a bit like the Green Goblin but with wings and a bit harder to kill.
Old 15 January 2013, 03:20 PM

I don't know what my daughter learned in her dream last night but I heard her cry out "Dr Horrible!"
Old 15 January 2013, 06:50 PM

I am going to, once again, be moving back to Northern New York and into the house I was living there which is, in these dreams I have, not in the same place it actually was. I will have a job at the state university there. The first day of class, my ex-husband will make sure I don't make it in time and then go over to my house and start breaking stuff. I need to stop dreaming about him. And I cannot figure out why I have a dream about once a month about living in that house again. It was my favorite apartment.
Old 15 January 2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseGirl View Post
I am going to, once again, be moving back to Northern New York and into the house I was living there which is, in these dreams I have, not in the same place it actually was. I will have a job at the state university there. The first day of class, my ex-husband will make sure I don't make it in time and then go over to my house and start breaking stuff. I need to stop dreaming about him. And I cannot figure out why I have a dream about once a month about living in that house again. It was my favorite apartment.
OMG. I've been back in upstate NY with my ex most every night this week too. Turns out he moved back in with his college roommates and they spend all their time smoking dope. Then I was caught by Islamic fundamentalists for showing too much skin.
Old 15 January 2013, 07:07 PM

I liked it better when I dreamt about us fighting Nazis, Chloe. We were really good at that.
Old 17 January 2013, 09:45 AM

I learned that I was a pregnant woman.

In reality I am neither.

Also, I gave birth to a cat.
Old 17 January 2013, 10:30 AM

Icon18

Bunny, who works at the front desk of the hotel, sucks at her job and is kind of a despicable human being. I was trying to find out if I could extend my stay by a few days because an event I was attending ran long, and she repeatedly and aggressively tried to force me to sign up for a highly-regimented, every-second-of-your-day-is-planned-out spa weekend (the one activity I could read on the sheet: Waking up at 3 AM to listen to recordings of seagulls) for mothers and pregnant women (refusing to believe me when I pointed out that I was neither), at which I would be expected to lead several classes. I had a hard time finding someone else to help me, because half the front desk was a college admissions office, but I did eventually get another woman to tell me that the hotel was unfortunately booked solid. And although I looked, I never did find Bunny's supervisor so I could lodge a complaint about her behavior.

In an unrelated dream, I learned that when Canadian customs asks you if you know everything that's in your luggage, they're not actually concerned about what's inside the toy capsule you got from a vending machine and haven't opened yet. They would, in fact, rather you not open it now because it might be filled with spring-loaded joke snakes that fill the room ankle-deep. I was sternly ordered to please not do that in the future.

And before you ask, I have absolutely no upcoming travel plans.

-Tabby
the princess with claws
Old 19 January 2013, 01:07 PM

Glasses

There is a slide under the basement stairs at my dad's house that winds down thru a beautiful underground grotto and ends up in a room that's a quest hub for World of Warcraft, only staffed with real people standing/walking around with the usual big yellow or blue splats over their heads.

Also that Seaboe is a very pleasant person to chat with and I thoroughly enjoyed the conversation I and another friend had with her.
Old 19 January 2013, 01:22 PM

My 36-year-old brother is still a child, and I am responsible for him in a post-apocalyptic world where it costs $5 for a gallon of brackish water with gross things swimming around in it. There are hippies handing out free water though, but I am worried that they are actually a cult and if I accept their help we will be sucked in.

Mostly, I am pissed at myself for not being better prepared. Why don't I have water purification tablets?
Old 19 January 2013, 02:48 PM

Al Gore is a charming dinner companion. And as for where my purse went, I'm sure he was just looking after it for me.
Old 19 January 2013, 04:30 PM

TGirl is tall with dark, very short hair. And she gives great hugs.
Old 19 January 2013, 06:12 PM

Too much snopes lately. Last night, I dreamed that my daughter was getting married (she did, last September) and the minister asked her to repeat her vows. They wound up with "...and I'll never stand too close to the rhino." And when she heard that, my daughter turned around and yelled, "Dad!" And I said, "I didn't have anything to do with that!"
Old 19 January 2013, 06:38 PM

Apparently, you can cross the Channel on a train made of soapbox cars. Furthermore, in a soapbox car, you can easily pick pennies off the sidewalk near Buckingham Palace.

One of the frequent dreams I have is that I'm in a town I lived before, but curiously, I don't recognize anything. I try to find something I know was there, but can't find it.
Old 20 January 2013, 01:45 AM

A band will play "God Defend New Zealand" at the inauguration on Monday.
Old 24 January 2013, 10:17 AM

Disney will turn James Clavell's "Shogun" into an inimated film. I was watching a trailer that showed a Jesuit priest running along a path. There is also a tie in children's book and I was reading that. The illustrations are from the Disney animation accompanied by text aimed at a reading age of about 9 years (based on my friends kids). I was reading about the main character meeting the Japanese woman (the one he fell for) and her housekeeper.

I haven't read Shogun since I was about 18, and considering the length/complexity of the book, I'm not sure how a Disney animation or children's book would work out Interesting that my subconsious chose a Disney style of animation (like Pocahontas etc) and not a Japanese style.
Closed Thread