snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Horrors

Old 07 December 2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasla View Post
pst silvs, they have E cups.
Here, it's more common to refer to them in multiples of D. I have seen things further down the alphabet, but only in really upscale stores.

DD=E
DDD=F
DDDD=G

At that point I don't know what happens. H, I am assuming, regardless--I never heard of anybody being a DDDDD.

Say you go to Victoria's Secret, though. You can get a DD but not an E.
Old 07 December 2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvs76 View Post
I NEVER buy button up shirts because I always get that puckering at the WORST place, and don't get me started on bras! I wear granny bra's (if you will), at 28 because I refuse to spend ridiculous amounts of money on a bra that FITS, and looks "sexy"..if my partner don't like it--he doesn't have to look..lol.
Tell me it about it. It was worse at the turn of the century when that tight across the boobs look was in. The shirt just gapped. I also wore granny bras, well since always. I perfer to stick to plan bras cause it just easier when you can put them under anything. But it is occasionally nice to get something abit different.

I have found a great clearance place. literally down the road from me. Seriously it is closer than any other shop. They have great range, really cheap prices and professional fitters. I just introduced it to Mum. I doubt either of us will go elsewhere.
Old 07 December 2012, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avril View Post
Say you go to Victoria's Secret, though. You can get a DD but not an E.
From what I understand A, B, C & D are standard in the underwear industry. Anything larger than a D varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some do the DD, DDD thing others do the E, F, G thing. At least that's how my friend M, who wears a 38 G, told me.
Old 07 December 2012, 04:08 PM

But you also have "nearly A," "nearly B," etc., by some manufacturers (half sizes if you will). It does vary by manufacturer, but I have really only seen the E, F, G thing at high end department stores.
Old 07 December 2012, 04:13 PM

That's been my experience, too. In fact, I think a post here by a UK snopester was the first place I'd heard of E or F cups.
Old 11 December 2012, 07:02 AM

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainie View Post
I think a post here by a UK snopester was the first place I'd heard of E or F cups.
The letters used here are pretty standard across brands but the actual measurements vary greatly. We have AA, A, B, C, D, DD, E*, F, G. I don't know why the D is doubled in the middle like that and I have seen AAA and H occasionally as well (just in department stores even).

*We have both the DD and E, they are consecutive sizes so on Avrils conversion our E would be DDD.