snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Food

Old 18 September 2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
It's like all molecules have to be placed in a "GOOD" or "EBIL" column, and once you go to the EBIL column, you can't come back.
No, the water can be redeemed if you baptize it, total immersion.
Old 19 September 2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
It's like all molecules have to be placed in a "GOOD" or "EBIL" column, and once you go to the EBIL column, you can't come back.
Bee
It works the same for sinners and molecules:

Old 19 September 2007, 12:09 PM
Jonny T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddylizard View Post
Are there not, or did there not used to be some states where the condemned has the right to choose the method of execution from a set list? I seem to recall someone picking hanging, then there was a panic because no-one remembered how to conduct a hanging. Or was that a UL?

"For your heinous crimes Mr. Lizard, you are sentenced to death. You may choose between hanging, the electric chair, lethal injection or drinking a litre of Dasani."

"I choose the Dasani your Honour."
oddly enough I was reading about this the other day while researching the history of the electric chair. from wiki:

Quote:
Electrocution is currently an optional form of execution in the U.S. states of Alabama, Florida, South Carolina and Virginia, and the sole method of execution in Nebraska (the former four states allow the prisoner to choose lethal injection as an alternative method). In the states of Kentucky and Tennessee, the electric chair has been retired except for those whose capital crimes were committed prior to legislated dates in 1998.. [Kentucky 31 March 1998, Tennessee 31 December 1998] and choose electrocution. In both states, inmates who do not choose electrocution or inmates who committed their crimes after the designated date are put to death by lethal injection. The electric chair is an alternate form of execution approved for potential use in Illinois and Oklahoma if other forms of execution are found unconstitutional in the state at the time of execution. In Florida, the condemned may choose death by electrocution, but the default is lethal injection.
and since we're on a hijack, here's Thomas Edison's Electrocuting an Elephant. (warning: not for the squeamish)
Old 19 September 2007, 01:50 PM
Doug4.7

Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny T View Post
and since we're on a hijack, here's Thomas Edison's Electrocuting an Elephant. (warning: not for the squeamish)
All done to show the evils of alternating current......
Old 19 September 2007, 01:58 PM

All this talk about Dasani has made me thirsty, so I cracked open a refreshing Diet Vanilla Pepsi. Don't tell me what's in it -- I don't want to know!
Old 19 September 2007, 02:14 PM

Dasani contains that dangerous DHMO drug doesn't it?
Old 21 September 2007, 01:31 AM

Quote:
They purify the water via reverse osmosis (RO) which removes essentially everything except good old H2O. But RO water tastes weird because people are used to all the minerals in their water. So they add back in just enough to make the taste "good." Presumably some tasting panel was involved.
About a year ago, we were having water supply problems at the store I work at (much of the plumbing was shut off for work, so we only had toilets and sinks in the washrooms), so we were bringing in water to drink. Most people brought in bottles, usually store brands from Jewel or Dominicks or wherever, and pooled them. But someone (I think it was my boss, as it's something she'd do) brought in two of those big five gallon containers with the spout on them. Of water that had been distilled with reverse osmosis, and had no minerals in it. Tasted very, very strange, and it didn't really quench your thirst either. Almost as if it wasn't "wet" enough. Didn't even make good tea, for Pete's sake.

I figure that whomever brought in distilled water to drink, instead of the clearly marked drinking water, just wasn't paying attention when they bought it.

By the by, I have a 20-ounce Dasani in my fridge. Is it safe to dispose of it down the sink, or should I take it to the place that takes my used motor oil?

-Doug

Last edited by Roadsterboy; 21 September 2007 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Accidental cursing. Put a dollar in the swear jar.
Old 21 September 2007, 06:03 AM

You can also buy large quantities of potassium chloride at your local hardware store: potassium water softener tablets. You could probably lethally inject a lot of people with one of those!

Of course, one important difference is method of delivery. If I inject a big bubble of air into my blood supply, I risk death. If I gulp down a bit bubble of air, I'm gonna burp. If I breath in a lungful of air... I keep living.

Henry
Old 10 November 2012, 12:33 AM

Default Dasani and potassium chloride

Potassium chloride is dangerous in high doses. Such as leathal injection. However, Dasani depending on the bottle size only has 5 mg of potassium chloride. Potassium in most fruit comes from potassium chloride. A glass of orange juice has 450 mg, Gatorade regular has 30 mg, 1/8 of honeydew melon has 365 mg and a chocolate milk shake has 672 mg. If you have ever lived on well water not run through a city purification system you would understand the minerals give the water its taste.