snopes.com  

Go Back   snopes.com > Urban Legends > Glurge Gallery

Old 05 April 2012, 02:10 PM

Mutliple people asked me when I moved to KY, after having been here for a couple of visits, "Are you here for good?"
Old 09 April 2012, 12:59 PM

Tsk, Tsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post
It was the end of the day and I headed to the station to take the train home. As a snack, I purchased a packet of crisps and a 6-pack of root beer.
Don't try this on the DC subway--you'll be in a world of hurt.
I certainly understand the no food allowed policy, but in the past, Metro officials have over-reacted just a bit.
Old 09 April 2012, 03:03 PM

Last time I was on the DC subway, there were so many folks there wasn't room to open a packet of crisps even if I had them.

Of course, that was when we were headed to the Rally to Restore Sanity along with 200,000 other people.
Old 10 April 2012, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnStorm View Post
Don't try this on the DC subway--you'll be in a world of hurt.
I certainly understand the no food allowed policy, but in the past, Metro officials have over-reacted just a bit.
Brisbane public transport has a similar no food policy but I (and others) have had a sneaky snack. Especially on the train when the driver is separated from you and the ticket checkers are a rare thing.

When I buy a snack to consume on the way home I would buy one bag of chips and one can of softdrink (soda) or maybe a 600ml bottle so I can put the lid back on. Why did the writter need a whole six pack? It just more to carry!
Old 10 April 2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe View Post
Mutliple people asked me when I moved to KY, after having been here for a couple of visits, "Are you here for good?"
And then wondered why you were grinning like that. You probably started some rumors about yourself (not that that's necessarily a bad thing).
Old 10 April 2012, 09:02 PM

"As twilight approached, the boy realized how tired he was and he got up
to leave; but before he had gone more than a few steps, he turned around,
ran back to the old man, and gave him a hug."

The old man then smiled, picked the boy up, put him in the back of a white windowless van and drove off, never to be seen again.
Old 15 April 2012, 02:09 AM

My sister once asked an elderly Jew in New York if he had a wife and family. I don't know what she learned about God when he answered "Have you ever heard of Auschwitz?
Old 22 June 2012, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Why did the writter need a whole six pack?
Because the glurge says:

Quote:
A little boy wanted to meet God. He knew it was a long trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase with a bag of potato chips and a six-pack of root beer and started his journey.
Convenient that "God" was hanging out three whole blocks away, so he didn't need all the soda we brought.

Quote:
When the boy opened the door to his own house a short time later, his mother was surprised by the look of joy on his face. She asked him,
"Where the hell have you been?! I've been worried sick!"

Quote:
Meanwhile, the old man, also radiant with joy, returned to his home. His son was stunned by the look of peace on his face and he asked, "dad, what did you do today that made you so happy?"

He replied "I ate potato chips in the park with God." However, before his son responded, he added, "You know, he's much younger than I expected."
It was then that his son realised home care wasn't enough and sent his father to live in an assisted living apartment.