View Single Post
Old 04 April 2018, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lainie View Post
I don't think you're going to find many people who want to watch a couple dozen YouTube videos to learn your position on issues. Are you incapable of expressing your opinion in your own words, or are you just being coy?
My opinion on the videos I share? If you click the links and see someone like “Shaun”, “Hbomberguy” or “ContraPoints”, they’re people I usually find to sound somewhat smart. The videos might be long, but they do make a point early on and generally stick to it throughout. If it’s Paul Joseph Watson, Dave Cullen (I stumbled across him on Vid.me, and he somehow found his way into my push notifications. I have no idea how that happened) or Stefan Molyneux or That Guy Who Only Sounds Intellectual Because His Avatar Is A Bust Of A Nowadays-Obscure King (it’s actually derived from mere speculation on Wikipedia), I find them lazy, full of half-baked opinions and more entertaining in a cringeworthy sort of way. In fact, I’m not even sure I have seen more than one Molyneux video (his terrible attempt at deconstructing John Oliver’s first Trump piece), but I have seen Shaun’s takedowns of his videos on Wonder Woman and Force Awakens (I haven’t actually seen Black Panther, so I’m saving my view of that video for later). And I try to avoid Sargon (I can never figure out what I should call him here. His name is Carl Benjamin but that almost never comes up) whenever I can.