View Single Post
Old 02 June 2007, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2334Paydan View Post
Oh spare me the crap about it being a hallowed record.
Well, the center-piece of baseball is the homerun. What do you think baseball's most cherished record is? The stolen base record? The hit by pitch record?

Quote:
Aaron played his entire career when uppers were pushed on and used by every mlb player nearly everyday, and they were a performance enhancing drug, yet you don't hear anything about them. Well, they were included in the banned substances list adopted by mlb, but only as an afterthought and after
a majority of the players bitched and screamed against them being banned.
Well, I was too young to remember Aaron, but this is the very first ever accusation I have ever heard that his record is tainted. Sound like a conspiracy theory to me.

Quote:
Ok, if everyone knows that he cheats and used 'roids, that would mean that the commissioner and the powers that be at major league baseball also knew/know this. So why don't they suspend him or ban him from the game.
I agree. They should ban him. But for some reason they won't move ahead without a confession from Bonds himself. I have a feeling that even a videotape of Bonds juicing won't be enough "proof".

Quote:
And here's the thing that puzzles me. Many of the Bonds haters bleat and shriek that the obvious evidence for his using 'roids is that his body shape has changed dramatically, going from a slim, lithe well toned body to a bulked up muscle packed frame and that the size of his head has increased dramatically.

First off, the head thing is a bunch of crap, simply because the head can't increase in size at Bonds age because the bones in the skull stopped growing over 35 years ago.

But let's just say for the sake of argument that Bonds was doing 'roids, and that's why his body changed in appearence and why he bulked up so much.

Well, I'd say it's safe to assume that Bonds is getting tested regularly for 'roids these days and that he isn't using them, yet his body has maintained the same appearence. Same bulky muscle. Explain that.

Everything I've read about roids says that if you go off of them for an extended period of time, you will lose the muscle mass that you had built up.
Ok. I bet you believe OJ is innocent too.

Quote:
Oh yeah, Pete Rose is a scumhound, plain and simple.

He still maintains that he didn't do anything wrong
Agreed.