View Single Post
Old 26 June 2018, 05:14 PM

Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
I just learned there was another, less well known song about the GTO called "GeeTO Tiger" by The Tigers, and it has also been claimed that this song was part of Pontiac's advertising campaign. I can't confirm that, either, but apparently the B-side was just recordings of sounds from Pontiac's test track, so that adds to the plausibility that it was produced by GM or their ad agency. If true maybe Jay Leno was conflating this song with the much more well known "GTO" song in the OP video.

ETA: I haven't been able to listen to the song because I'm at work and the headphone jack on my work computer doesn't seem to work, so I don't even know what the song sounds like.

Well, I have found two references on the internet to this being a promotional item handed out by Pontiac dealerships.

The GeeTO Tiger was a handout in Pontiac dealerships in 1965. Your Pontiac dealer paid $8.75 for 25 copies.

This link also has a link to the ad where the dealership could purchase the record.

This is a record promoting the 1965 GTO, it was given away by the Pontiac dealers.