View Single Post
Old 18 April 2017, 05:52 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf3 View Post
THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS

1. In what 2009 novel, a bestseller for Penguin, do three Mississippi women write a book of essentially the same title for Harper & Row?
I have no clue, so I'll say The Maid (which may or may not be a real book)
Quote:

2. Who is the only A-list hip-hop star to host his official website using an Armenia country code top-level domain?
I bet I could answer this if I knew the country code for Armenia. Since I don't, I'll say Jay-Z.
Quote:

3. About 90 percent of the world's licorice is used not for candy but in what (non-edible) consumer product?
Hmmm. Car tires, to make them black (heck, I don't know).
Quote:

4. What's the only planet of the Solar System that can't be seen with the naked eye?
Ack! I keep wavering between Neptune and Uranus because I can't remember which is farther away. I'm going to settle on the latter.
Quote:

5. In what country did a 53-year civil war with FARC rebels lead to a 2016 ceasefire accord?
5 for 5 so far, for a score of whopping zero.
Quote:

6. In what exercise program, founded in 2000 by Greg Glassman, would you attempt WODs (Workouts of the Day) like the "Filthy 50" and "King Kong"?
Jazzercise (which is wrong, but is at least an exercise program).
Quote:

7. What unusual distinction is shared by these mammals, listed in this order? Elephants, whales, dolphins, rhinos, walruses, camels, giraffes, tapirs, manatees, zebras, donkeys.
Something about size within species.

And that's a wrap. I'm pretty sure I got them all wrong this week.

Seaboe