View Single Post
Old 27 December 2011, 09:18 AM

Default My Guesses

Quote:
1. What's the American version of the 1997 Swedish TV hit Expedition Robinson called?
Survivor

Quote:
2. What type of dog, encompassing 28 different breeds, was so named because it was bred to burrow in the earth?
WAG - Dachshund???

Quote:
3. What length of time is the life of a current U.S. patent, as well as the span of a marriage celebrating the "china anniversary"?
20 years???

Quote:
4. The Marco Polo Club is the appropriately named frequent-flyer program of what Hong Kong-based airline?
Cathay Pacific

Quote:
5. What 1969 musical title figure is told he's "really made the grade, and the papers want to know whose shirts you wear"?
I guess there are worse earworms - Major Tom from David Bowie's Space Oddity

Quote:
6. What modern-day nation was once ruled by Merovingians and Carolingians?
France???

Quote:
7. What unusual distinction is shared by these Christmas-y songs? "The Christmas Song," "I'll Be Home for Christmas," "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer," "Silver Bells," "White Christmas" and, in part, "Sleigh Ride" and "Winter Wonderland"?
Ooh Ooh - I know this one (I think, I am basing it on White Christmas, Silver Bells and The Christmas Song) - they were written by Jewish gentlemen, making them somewhat ironic (to some people, anyway).

MacLloyd