View Single Post
Old 04 November 2008, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElapheG View Post
If I recall correctly, he didn't want to tell them, and tried not to, but they pushed for more information about the condition. It came out that the probability of them having it and not being related was very slim, after which the couple put two and two together.
I believe they pushed for more information and Foreman said something along the lines of, "There is no good reason you should both have the condition if you aren't related" or something similar. They were next door neighbors growing up; one of the things mentioned was that they had the same green eyes. The girl was immediately disgusted and the guy wanted to stay together. Foreman said that biologically, yes, they were related, but they weren't *really* siblings because they hadn't fought in the backseat on car rides or changed each other's diapers, etc. It was kind of up in the air at the end of the episode.

I honestly don't know what I'd do if this came up. Seems like one of those things where you can't really know unless you're living it.

I do agree with Vanilla; the way it's written it doesn't seem very likely that they couldn't have known or that it would never have come up. I suppose maybe if the father(s) were not welcome, maybe it was just something the extended family rarely talked about. I do have to say, I don't think I've ever mentioned my father to my husband by his first name; same for DH and my dad. It's always "my dad," but I'm sure it's different for different people. It's obviously come up at some point, though, because we both know the other spouse's parents' names.