View Single Post
Old 30 May 2017, 04:12 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf3 View Post
THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS

1. In 1966, the French Academie des Beaux-Arts took ownership of a Giverny pond and garden once owned by what man?
Renoir, or the man who painted Water Lilies, if that wasn't Renoir.
Quote:

2. In Cluedo, the original British version of Clue, two of the weapons had different names than they do in the U.S. game. Give the British name of either weapon.
Well, the wrench is going to be a spanner. Is the other the candlestick?
Quote:

3. Deinonychus, Diplodocus, Dracovenator, and Dilong are all scientific names for types of what?
Dinosaurs. Burying diplodocus in the middle doesn't make it less recognizable.
Quote:

4. The Overlook Film Festival, held at Oregon's Timberline Lodge, screens movies in what genre?
Ski movies.
Quote:

5. On November 19, 1950 at 12:30 pm, the Chicago Historical Society celebrated a notable anniversary by displaying all five extant copies of what document?
I'm stumped, so I'll say the original report of the cause of the Chicago Fire.
Quote:

6. What show won the 1997 Tony for Best Musical, the same year a movie of the same title went on to win many awards as well?
Chicago. Heck, I don't know.
Quote:

7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these songs? "Big Yellow Taxi," "House of the Rising Sun," "I Heard It Through the Grapevine," "I Saw Her Standing There," "Leaving on a Jet Plane," "Me and Bobby McGee," "Nothing Compares 2 U," "Please Mr. Postman," "This Guy's in Love with You."
Enjoy!
Well, at least I know all the songs. The last one was originally this Girl's in Love, and was a hit for someone else. I know at least three versions of Me & Bobby McGee, two of which were hits, one for each sex. So I'm going to say: There were hit versions of each song with a man and a woman singing lead.

Seaboe