View Single Post
Old 23 May 2017, 04:38 PM

Icon401

Quote:
1. Hannibal fought for what ancient city-state located on the Lake of Tunis?

2. The expression "to pull out all the stops" originated with what kind of performer?

3. Who quietly snuck out of Owings Mills, Maryland in fifteen Mayflower moving vans on the night of March 29, 1984?

4. Laura Dern, Oprah Winfrey, Demi Moore, and Billy Bob Thornton were among the celeb cameos on "The Puppy Episode," the April 30, 1997 sitcom episode on which what happened?

5. What clothing retailer named for a New Jersey town now uses a sideways heart for the first letter in its logo?

6. Silver iodide is the chemical most commonly used to seed what?

7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these well-known people? Primo Carnera, Jean Cocteau, Farrah Fawcett, Art Fleming, Henry Morgan, C.S. Lewis, Sergei Prokofiev, Georg Solti, Slim Whitman, Orville Wright.
1. Carthage
2. Pipe Organ
3. the Indianapolis (nee Baltimore) Colts
4. I don't know.
5. Burlington Coat Factory
6. Clouds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
Did they all...
7. No, but CS Lewis did, and Farrah Fawcett died the same day as Michael Jackson, and Prokofiev and Stalin both died 5 March 1953 (which I know because that's my brother's birth date!), so you may want to white that out. The answer is that they all died on the same date as another, more-famous person died.