View Single Post
Old 23 May 2017, 03:27 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf3 View Post
THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS

1. Hannibal fought for what ancient city-state located on the Lake of Tunis?
Carthage? That's what popped first to mind, anyway.
Quote:

2. The expression "to pull out all the stops" originated with what kind of performer?
An organist, I assume
Quote:

3. Who quietly snuck out of Owings Mills, Maryland in fifteen Mayflower moving vans on the night of March 29, 1984?
That financial advice guy my father used to watch on TV. Or else some corporation, like DuPont.
Quote:

4. Laura Dern, Oprah Winfrey, Demi Moore, and Billy Bob Thornton were among the celeb cameos on "The Puppy Episode," the April 30, 1997 sitcom episode on which what happened?
Seinfeld's dog had puppies and he had to give them away. This was in the middle of my not-watching-TV episode, so I truly have no clue.
Quote:

5. What clothing retailer named for a New Jersey town now uses a sideways heart for the first letter in its logo?
Something that starts with a B.
Quote:

6. Silver iodide is the chemical most commonly used to seed what?
Now this I know. Clouds.
Quote:

7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these well-known people? Primo Carnera, Jean Cocteau, Farrah Fawcett, Art Fleming, Henry Morgan, C.S. Lewis, Sergei Prokofiev, Georg Solti, Slim Whitman, Orville Wright.
That is an extremely interesting list. I've actually heard of all of them. I'm going to guess it has something to do with cancer, but what, I don't know.

Seaboe