View Single Post
Old 20 September 2015, 08:46 AM

Read This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocoduck_hunter View Post
I'm pretty sure that I've seen that BS about Islam in Japan before.
Yes we did. (According to my records it was three years ago this month.) Like the OP here that email seems to have originated on Hindu nationalist websites. For example, the oldest matches I can find to the OP are this 12 September 2012 message board post and this BareNakedIslam post dated 21 September 2012.

However, there are earlier versions on Hindu nationalist sites that are very similar but with one very big difference. For example, there is this post titled "Japan, a Country keeping Islam and Christianity at bay" on the website Hindu Janajagruti Samiti dated 30 April 2012.

It begins very similarly to the OP.

Quote:
a) Japan is the only nation that does not give citizenship to Muslims.

b) In Japan permanent residentship is not given to Muslims.

c) There is strong ban on the propagation of Islam in Japan.
An so on. However, it has a second half that starts as follows:
Quote:
2. Strict restrictions on the conversion to Christianity

a. In Japan there are strong restrictions on conversions to Christianity.

b. If due to any reason one converts his religion then both, one who converts and one who helps both are severely punished.

c. If a foreign citizen does this then he is given a strict notice to leave Japan immediately.
And so on. I found this on other Hindu nationalists sites here and here. I also found that many of these English-language Hindu sites referenced various Marathi-language sites based in India. Unfortunately, all of those sites are now gone and I couldn't find them at web.archive.org.

Brian