View Single Post
Old 16 July 2015, 05:12 AM

Teacher

I live in Mississippi, and we're still debating whether or not to change our state flag. It currently has a replica of the battle flag in the upper left corner.

In your article, you did a great job in correcting the misinformation that was put out in the article “Truth about Confederate History.” But, it might be of interest to you that someone from my area cut this paragraph from your article and claimed that these were the words from Snopes:

MYTH: The Confederate Battle Flag represents racism today.

FACT: The Confederate Battle Flag today finds itself in the center of much controversy and hoopla going on in several states. The cry to take this flag down is unjustified. It is very important to keep in mind that the Confederate Battle Flag was simply just that. A battle flag. It was never even a National flag, so how could it have flown over a slave nation or represented slavery or racism? This myth is continued by lack of education and ignorance. Those that vilify the Confederate Battle Flag are very confused about history and have jumped upon a bandwagon with loose wheels.

He said it was Snopes who said taking down the flag was unjustified!

He never mentioned that the paragraph came from the article you were discussing. Thank goodness I read your article myself!