View Single Post
Old 01 July 2015, 02:04 AM

I know very little about the American Cival War so I won't make any reasons for the real reasons for it but on reading through this supposed history a few things came to mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by snopes View Post
Grant stated “Good help is so hard to come by these days.”
This sounds like it comes from a joke. You usually say it tongue in cheek when a mate screws up a simple task. Maybe it was a joke and someone took it seriously

Quote:

BUT, even more monumental, it is also very important to know

FACT – A very interesting fact on slavery is that at the time the War

Now these phrases, when used in an argument, set off my BS metre. I imagine them said by someone, usually the father of a friend, we all know someone like this, they don't go by much by "book learning" they went to the "University of Life" and they therefore know more then "those academics". They don't offer any prove of their knownledge they just "know" it is true or their old Dad told them or some other folksy prove of their fact.

Quote:
MYTH – The Confederate Battle Flag is known as the “Stars & Bars”.

FACT – A common misconception. The First National Confederate Flag is
correctly known as the “Stars & Bars”. The Confederate Battle Flag is
known as the [B] “Southern Cross”.[B]
That not the Southern Cross. the Southern Cross is on the Australian and New Zealand flags and is, well the Southern Cross. Don't steal the name of our cross.

Quote:
FACT – This is a blatant attack on one of the finest heritage groups
ever.
The finest heritage groups every hey? What in the whole world? In all of history? US exceptionism much. Actually you sound like a child.

That's all.