View Single Post
Old 11 September 2018, 03:16 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf3 View Post
THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS

1. Jessica Tandy, Julie Harris, Jessica Lange, Cherry Jones and Sally Field played Amanda Wingfield in the five most recent Broadway revivals of what play?
I feel as if I should know this because of the Tandy-Harris-Lange sequence, but I don't, so I'm going to say The Glass Menagerie ETA: I totally did not expect to have the right answer. My unconscious works in mysterious ways.
Quote:

2. What word do sailors use today in place of the archaic term "larboard"?
port?
Quote:

3. Who created the TV sketch characters Floyd R. Turbo, Art Fern, and Carnac the Magnificent?
Johnny Carson
Quote:

4. The capital of Uganda took its name from a Lugandan phrase meaning "hill of" what abundant local mammal?
You know, I did so well last week... marmots.
Quote:

5. What title word was a hit for Kool & the Gang when used once, for Smashing Pumpkins when used twice, and for Genesis when used three times?
Yes. or No. Or something else entirely
Quote:

6. What three things can coexist in equilibrium at a substance's triple point?
I can't even begin to think of an answer, funny or serious. Height, weight, and circumference, I guess.
Quote:

7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these actors? Audrey Hepburn, Mads Mikkelsen, Zoe Saldana, Channing Tatum, Charlize Theron, Alicia Vikander, Christopher Walken, Michael K. Williams.
Enjoy!
They all suffered from malnutrition as children.

Seaboe