View Single Post
Old 30 August 2016, 03:18 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf3 View Post
THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS

1. In what Goethe play does a poodle transform into the devil Mephistopheles?
Faust, although I supposed it could be The Whatever of Young Werther (the only two Goethe titles I know).
Quote:

2. Because the product was designed to be casual and disposable, the word "Swatch" was coined as a portmanteau of what two-word phrase?
I always thought of it as "Swiss watch" but have no clue if the manufacturers did.
Quote:

3. The "radiant" is the constellation in space (notable examples including Perseus and Leo) from which what appears to originate?
a Pulsar?
Quote:

4. A man named Linus briefly mentioned in Second Timothy is best known today for traditionally being the second person to do what?
deny Jesus.
Quote:

5. What two stars of TV's Stranger Things first co-starred in 1989, as circus performers in the Roy Orbison video "A Love So Beautiful"?
Okay, I'm so pop-culture ignorant that I can't even begin to come up with a couple, except maybe Benji (the dog) and Morris (the cat).
Quote:

6. What city has the same name today as when it was the capital of "Russian America" between 1808 and 1867?
This implies it's had a different name either before or since. I'm thinking this is in Alaska someplace. Sadly, I have no clue what its name would be.
Quote:

7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these animals? Bison, boa, dugong, gorilla, hippopotamus, junco, lemur, lynx, oryx, puma, python, rhea.
Man, this one's tough. I was thinking it had something to do with similarities such as bison/buffalo, puma/cougar, gorilla/great ape, but can't think of anything for most of the others.

Seaboe