View Single Post
Old 19 August 2007, 12:52 AM
Caduceus Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danvers Carew View Post
I think it's the Hitler moustache that does it.
I thought that too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddylizard View Post
Apologies in advance to Caduceus Fox who asked us to ignore the Chucacabras reference, but looking at the link, isn't a bit extraordinary than Ann the OBGYN nurse managed to spot at least five different Chucacabras's on her routine drive to work, and take 50+ photos, when everyone else who has been actively seeking one has come up with absolutely nothing?
I did notice that a lot of sightings of strange animals/monsters/cryptids are done by either OBGYN nurses or gynecologists. Coincidence? I think not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervus View Post
I'm going to vote "fox with mange" on this one despite the cliche. For those who are interested, here is a real fox with mange. Red foxes are more prone to it and grey foxes rarely seem to get it. It's quite possible that this is a mixed-breed dog (it's definitely not any registered breed) that appears cat-like because of the angle of the photo. But it's just not completely dog-like and not completely cat-like, which - assuming this picture is indeed from the southern U.S. - leaves only the fox.
I was thinking fox with mange too. Foxes with mange make me sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Neeva View Post
If you look at the other picture on the source page, it looks even more cat-like -- and not even particularly hairless. And rather badly shopped to resemble an "infrared" picture... which I find difficult to believe, because if the infrared photography turned the grass red... why did it leave the ferns green LOL.
I noticed that too, and it struck me as odd. I thought it was bad 'shopping too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
All articles by Prentiss Findlay, of The [Charleston, SC] Post & Courier, unless noted otherwise.

-- Bonnie

The National Geographic ran an article on a simliar fox seen near Fuquay-Varina, NC. Take a look at the creature there.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/03/0321_060321_tyco_fox.html
A-ha! So it's a hairless fox (and why didn't I ever think of searching the news ) No wonder I was drawn to figuring out what it was

-Fox (Now with more hairless genes!)