View Single Post
Old 07 May 2015, 06:14 AM

So far, it's a no news/good news situation; I can still frown, everything feels normal, no adverse reactions. I'm definitely feeling that hopefulness high I always get when I manage to convince myself that this time I've figured out a solution; it usually peaks right as I'm getting the prescription filled, then gradually dies down and is completely gone by the time I hit the 4-6 week mark at which antidepressants are supposed to become effective. If I could just figure out how to maintain the placebo effect, I think I'd be good. For anyone considering Botox for this purpose or just for cosmetic reasons, I have to say it was absurdly uneventful--five pinpricks which after topical lidocaine hurt about as much as plucking my eyebrows. I'll report back as it starts to take effect.

Originally Posted by Little Pink Pill View Post
On the flip side, my bubbly mother had it done for cosmetic reasons, and didn't tell anyone. The change was slight enough that I didn't realize what was happening at first, but I did start to feel like she had become colder towards me, and I told a friend I was feeling strangely mistrustful of her. It wasn't until she told me she had Botox done that I put it together.
I was worried about that, which is one reason I waited as long as I did. I've been working on trying to settle this one case since September, and it just keeps getting pushed back for various reasons, and I keep thinking now's not a good time because I might need to meet with people soon and show empathy and be persuasive in mediation and all that. But at this rate, I just feel like I can't keep putting my life on hold. You have given me something to think about, though; I was thinking I might not tell most of the people in my life, not because I'm embarrassed or anything, just because I feel like people tend to say they can see a difference once they've been told there is one, and I'm curious to see how many people would actually notice if they weren't told. But maybe I should give people a heads-up in case they do notice but think I'm just being cold for some reason.