View Single Post
Old 16 October 2018, 09:24 PM

1. What 1888 poem is set in the town of Mudville? Casey at the Bat

2. In some Islamic traditions, what can a man do by repeating the word "talaq" three times? Divorce his wife (Haven't we had this one before? Or is it a trick question, and the answer is something different?)

3. Because of Michael Jordan's baseball hiatus, the top NBA scorer of the 1990s was by a wide margin what player, who played the whole decade for the same team? WAG - Shaquille O'Neal?

4. Between 1994 and 2000, what American company tried unsuccessfully to register the iconic sound of its engines? Another WAG - Harley-Davidson?

5. The passenger pigeon, Carolina parakeet, Labrador duck, great auk, Eskimo curlew, and pinnated grouse are the six now-extinct species of the 435 immortalized by whom? Audobon?

6. What famous woman became director of the Red Cross's new radiology service in Paris during World War I? Only one that makes sense to me is Marie Curie

7. What unusual distinction is shared by each of these comedians? Louie Anderson, Roseanne Barr, John Candy, Bill Cosby, Howie Mandel, Rick Moranis, Richard Pryor, Paul Reubens, Robin Williams, Al Yankovic. Although I'm familiar with all of their work (unusual for a question 7 for me!), I haven't the foggiest what the common thread is here.