View Single Post
Old 16 October 2018, 03:21 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf3 View Post
THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS

1. What 1888 poem is set in the town of Mudville?
Casey At the Bat
Quote:

2. In some Islamic traditions, what can a man do by repeating the word "talaq" three times?
Divorce his wife--but she doesn't have the same right, IIRC.
Quote:

3. Because of Michael Jordan's baseball hiatus, the top NBA scorer of the 1990s was by a wide margin what player, who played the whole decade for the same team?
Sports question! Therefore, this answer is highly likely to be wrong. Julius Irving, aka Dr. J.
Quote:

4. Between 1994 and 2000, what American company tried unsuccessfully to register the iconic sound of its engines?
Sounds like something Harley Davidson would try.
Quote:

5. The passenger pigeon, Carolina parakeet, Labrador duck, great auk, Eskimo curlew, and pinnated grouse are the six now-extinct species of the 435 immortalized by whom?
John James Audubon, who helped them along by killing the samples he drew.
Quote:

6. What famous woman became director of the Red Cross's new radiology service in Paris during World War I?
Hmm. What famous woman would work with radiology? Gee, I guess it might be Marie Curie
Quote:

7. What unusual distinction is shared by each of these comedians? Louie Anderson, Roseanne Barr, John Candy, Bill Cosby, Howie Mandel, Rick Moranis, Richard Pryor, Paul Reubens, Robin Williams, Al Yankovic.
I have no clue, but at least I know who all of them are (except Louie Anderson. I'm a little vague on him).

Seaboe