View Single Post
Old 08 June 2007, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohn13 View Post
To me, there is no record more hallowed than Cy Youngs career victories record. To me, the most exciting plays in baseball are 1) the strikeout 2) the double play and 3) the triple or inside-the-parker.
In terms of numbers that fans remember, I bet far, far more know what 755 means than what 511 means. And personally I prefer the 3-6-3 double play and the suicide squeeze, but

Quote:
The influx of home runs in the Majors during the late '90's drove me away from the game.
So it wasn't, um, the strike?

I totally missed this from another poster:
Quote:
First off, the head thing is a bunch of crap, simply because the head can't increase in size at Bonds age because the bones in the skull stopped growing over 35 years ago.
First off, look at a picture of Bonds from 1991 compared to now. He's obviously been taking Human Growth Hormone which *does* yes DOES cause the body to add bone mass to some parts of the body (FWIW Roger Clemens exhibits similar late-career "growth" and I am similarly skeptical of him). From wikipedia:

Quote:
Prolonged GH excess thickens the bones of the jaw, fingers and toes. Resulting heaviness of the jaw and increased thickness of digits is referred to as acromegaly.