View Single Post
  #6  
Old 07 February 2013, 06:12 PM
erwins's Avatar
erwins erwins is offline
 
Join Date: 04 April 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 12,366
Default

I would not use detergent on anything a kitty might put in her mouth. $700 spent on Mabel's emergency vet visit and pet poison control call taught me that even a very small amount of detergent can have a very nasty effect on a kitty. (She got some on her paws--I rinsed them, but apparently not well enough. She had to be in intensive care overnight because she got fluid in her lungs. She went home with heavy duty narcotics because the detergent can cause extensive ulcers throughout the digestive tract. I never knew how dangerous it was until that happened).
Reply With Quote