View Single Post
Old 12 December 2018, 10:39 AM

Default Your Christmas Movie Traditions

The day is fast approaching, so let’s talk about these!

Tři oříšky pro Popelku (Three Nuts For Cinderella): I stumbled upon this one several years ago. It’s a Czech/German retelling of the Cinderella story, with Cinderella (Libuše Šafránková) being given three hazelnuts that give her dresses at key points. It’s not a particularly spectacular movie (and until a couple of weeks ago, my experience was hampered by bad subtitles) but it is at least worth a gander. Especially since this is one of the few tellings to explain why the Prince needs to go by shoe size. Bizarrely, I found this one on my local iTunes library.

Other than that, my tastes run pretty pedestrian. Old Miracle (even though Mara is awesome, I prefer the old one), Wonderful Life and Nightmare Before Christmas are all favourites. Also, the occasional A Christmas Carol adaptation has passed my way. Also, I have sat through all five Home Alone movies (I kinda like 3, 4 was an insult and 5 was a bit better).

Also, I did once see an hour-long TV movie about a girl losing her teddy called En liten Julsaga. Any idea where I might find it?