View Single Post
Old 18 January 2013, 05:12 PM

Somebody should tell these people that 2x4s aren't really 2x4 either (and that extends to most cuts of wood).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Done_Living View Post
when people are paying $5 for a product that can EASILY be made at home with the same quality for less than $1 i have no sympathy
Unless you are buying things in incredible bulk I don't see reaching $1/sandwich..

I could see beating $5, but that would require buying extra to make multiple sandwiches (much of which is highly perishable) so the price/sandwich may be lower but you have a higher initial investment.

Beyond all that is the convenience fee.. Gotta make it up yourself, make up the sauces, put it together, that uses time. Plus you have to carry it around with you until you are ready to eat it.

I don't mean to suggest that it's impossible to do this.. But honestly I think you'd be hard pressed to make a foot long (or 11 inches) sandwich for less than $5 unless you make them in bulk.

What you can do is make a better sandwich for about the same cost, get nicer bread, nicer cheese, nicer meat, without paying significantly more so you are getting more for your money.. But cheaper? I just don't see it.