View Single Post
Old 13 May 2014, 02:15 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf3 View Post
THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS

1. What popular ornamental garden shrub is named for the shape of its flowers, from Greek words for "water vessel"?
Hydrangea ETA: I have three of these, and I confess I don't get the connection between the shape of the flowers and a water vessel.
Quote:

2. In March, what two actors became the first father-and-son team ever to win Razzies for their appearance in the same movie?
Will and Jaden Smith
Quote:

3. Last weekend, Adam Scott of Australia had the chance to take over the world #1 ranking in what sport from its injured holder?
speed skating
Quote:

4. The River Liffey is a minor waterway, only 75 miles long, but it's well-known for passing through what national capital?
Budapest
Quote:

5. After a 105-year-run, McCall's magazine ceased publication in 2002 after a year of being renamed for what TV personality, its new editorial director?
Rosie O'Donnell
Quote:

6. The Crimean War began in 1853 when what power, no longer found on maps, attacked Russia?
Prussia
Quote:

7. What unusual distinction is shared by these U.S. presidents, and no others? Taylor, Pierce, Buchanan, Benjamin Harrison, Wilson, Truman, Eisenhower, Ford, Carter, Clinton.
They were all underdogs.

Seaboe