View Single Post
Old 09 October 2018, 04:52 PM

1. What dish can be called "gnudi" if it's made with ricotta cheese mostly replacing the potato or semolina flour? gnocchi?

2. What state's three oldest colleges are the "consortium" of liberal arts schools named Colby, Bates, and Bowdoin? I should know this, but am drawing a blank.

3. Cirrus, meaning "curl" in Latin, is the highest of the four main types of what? cloud

4. Between World War I and World War II, what was by far the world's most populous country never to officially join the League of Nations? Isn't that The U.S.? I seem to remember this as an interesting fact when we studied this time period in high school, but I could be wrong.

5. Who's the best-known artist who still raps using the surname that Busta Rhymes, LL Cool J, and Method Man were all born with? I'm assuming Will Smith - I wasn't sure about the "still" designation, but I think I remember hearing that he had some new material released recently.

6. Since 1904, a 43-foot bronze statue of "Christ the Redeemer" carrying a cross has marked a pass in what mountain range? The Andes

7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these poems? "The Bells," "Birches," "The Emperor of Ice-Cream," "In Flanders Fields," "Jenny Kissed Me," "The Lady of Shalott," "Lochinvar," "Not Waving But Drowning," "Poetry," "Wynken, Blynken, and Nod." The last line of each is the title? (This is true for the ones I know, anyway.)