View Single Post
Old 01 May 2018, 02:40 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf3 View Post
THIS WEEK'S QUESTIONS

1. Before Russell Westbrook, who was the only player ever to average a triple-double over an entire NBA season?
Kareem Abdul Jabbar (fka Lou Alcindor)
Quote:

2. In what TV show's first-season intro can a U.S. flag be seen flying at half-staff, since it was filmed at Honolulu's Ala Wai Yacht Club the week of the Kennedy assassination?
Something that started in late 1963, I guess. Flipper?
Quote:

3. What is the evident occupation of "Vegas Vic," the neon sign mascot who's been a symbol for Las Vegas since 1951?
I have no clue. Playing craps?
Quote:

4. The "diethyl" form of what class of organic compounds was once used as a solvent and an anesthetic?
What pops to mind is phosphate, but I'm pretty sure that's not what they're looking for.
Quote:

5. What beloved 1936 work of classical music has, as one of its title characters, a member of the Vladimir Lenin All-Union Pioneer Organization?
Beloved work from 1936? All I can think of is Porgy & Bess, and that just doesn't seem right, somehow.
Quote:

6. The "bystander effect" in psychology is sometimes named after what Queens woman, murdered in March 1964?
Kitty Genovese
Quote:

7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these albums? Brain Drain by the Ramones, Diamond Dogs by David Bowie, The First Time by Kelsea Bellerini, The Kick Inside by Kate Bush, Moving Pictures by Rush, Ride the Lightning by Metallica, Sittin' In by Loggins and Messina, They Only Come Out at Night by the Edgar Winter Group, Tuesday Night Music Club by Sheryl Crow, The Velvet Underground & Nico.
They were all produced by the same person (although I have no clue who that is), and these were the only records he produced.

I hope this was the question we were supposed to answer, because the other one had its answer built in.

Seaboe