View Single Post
Old 29 November 2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenYus234 View Post
Note that this is my criteria for value, it doesn't mean a short game is not a game, just not good value for my money.
It’s a good way to look at it, though. For me it’s also about emotional value. If I constantly walk away from a game angry, or in a dark mood, I didn’t get my money’s worth. I play for the escapism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Credence View Post
But if you play games like that only (although Zelda is one series that I think even most gamer gatekeepers would acknowledge) and want to talk about them, that's great! How is it? I like to have a time waster or two on my phone, so if you've found a good one, please share.
If you liked Pokémon Go, you might like Animal Crossing. It’s pretty basic and G rated, but built so you can’t accomplish everything in a week, even if you speed it up through microtransactions. But there is more to do than with Pokémon Go, and so far I haven’t felt like I can’t level up unless I pay for it. It feels like checking in with social media throughout the day, a good time waster if you might enjoy building a halfpipe so a chubby alligator can ride on it.

Zelda Breath of the Wild was kind of great, for me. It wasn’t linear the way previous Zelda games were, and the puzzles were engaging enough that I enjoyed it without getting angry. It was a big world to explore, to me anyway. Are there games like that you would recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard W View Post
I've spent about 250 hours on Stardew Valley now, and I think I've only got four achievements left to get. You can be hardcore even on games that look like cartoons...
Wow, ok! Maybe I should check that out!