View Single Post
Old 10 April 2016, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Turtle Named Mack View Post
I have not seen Let's Make a Deal since the Monty Hall days, but a joke prize of an elephant is entirely plausible. Many times they had various animals, such as goats, donkeys, swaybacked old horses, etc. I do not recall actual wild animals, but Indian elephants are often sufficiently domesticated for the purpose. Your 'white elephant mistake' suggestion sounds less plausible to me, if only because there were so many 'white elephant' prizes, than that there was a recollection of an actual elephant being a prize. Now, whether someone actually said they wanted to keep it is another matter.
I used to watch this show when I was a kid and sick and I remember very specifically one episode where they had some kind of wild cat as a gag prize. It may have been a leopard or a bobcat but the only reason I remember this is thinking it would be SO COOL to win that. So yeah they at least on one occasion on Lets Make a Deal had an actual wild animal as a gag prize (It was on a leash attached to some post on a fake set)