View Single Post
Old 06 April 2014, 04:50 PM

Missy/Mystique*,

You are fitting in so beautifully here, it's amazing. You are a little noisy for a greyhound (though your foster daddy did warn me about that.) You did have a little bathroom issues at the meet and greet (she had two accidents), but the antibiotics are still messing you up a little (hopefully now that you're done with them, that will stop), and those of us there did take into consideration that the last time you were at a meet and greet, your leash was handed over to a stranger and your former mommy left you**, so you were probably a little nervous that it might happen again. That wasn't the purpose, I promise you--I just wanted to get you out into the community to see how you did in public, because I'm hoping to take you to the Ren Faire this year. And you did very well, you're very social and friendly. I think you'll have a lot of fun at the Ren Faire, there will be lots of people coming by to adore you and tell you how pretty and sweet you are--just ask your sister Dazzle, she's an old hand at it, and she LOVES to go.

Next up, introducing you to all the 'nieces and nephews'. You were good with the kids you met at the store, but I'd like to see how you are about *very* small ones who will be much more focused on you, the way they will be at Faire. And the nieces and nephews are experienced with Ebil Greyhounds, so they know how to behave. (And I've been checking you for 'sleep startle' and 'space aggression', both of which thankfully appear to be lacking.)

You are a very good girl, and you don't have to worry, you are home for life. Hopefully you'll soon feel more secure about this so you won't feel the need to be glued to me everywhere I go in the house (especially the bathroom!)

Love,
Human Mommy

*--I didn't really care for the name "Missy", but I didn't know what else to call her, nor was I certain about changing a ten-year-old dog's name. One of my friends suggested "Mystique", thinking it suited her better and sounds enough like her current name that she might take to it better. I've been working on it--it does seem to suit her, and I do like that it's similar to her current name.

**--She lost her former home due to a nasty divorce. The wife couldn't afford to keep her (I don't know what the husband's stance was), so she contacted our group and arranged to bring her to a meet and greet and drop her off to her foster dad. Her foster dad said the woman cried for 30 minutes straight before leaving. That had to be stressful on both of them.