View Single Post
Old 22 February 2018, 02:35 AM

I finished the Tome of Bill and the Frontlines series on my Kindle, and both were very good. There may be future volumes of either series, but as of now, I am all caught up.

I spent some time trying to find a decent free superhero novel, and kept coming up with stuff that seems to be poorly-written YA intended for the slower set of younger YA readers... but I'm pretty sure it's meant to be adult-level stuff. A large handful of disappointment was perused, but then I found Jonathan R. Miller's Gravity Breaker, which was spectacular. Mr. Miller apparently writes books with race and social position as major themes, writes very very human characters, and is also pretty good at the super-power genre. Gravity Breaker, and it's sequel Tallah, were very good reads and well worth the time. Anyone who is interested in reading stories about black people in modern America will likely enjoy these books as well. I don't think it would be wrong to use words like "powerful" and "moving" to describe either volume.