View Single Post
Old 13 February 2018, 01:41 PM

2. In standard chess notation, what's the only piece not represented by the first letter of its English name? Knight?

3. Who ended their longstanding collaboration in 1890 in a bitter legal battle over the cost of new carpet for the lobby of London's Savoy Theatre? Gilbert & Sullivan?

4. What's the most common pet in America today, with a total of 139 million owned, half again as many as any other type of pet? Cat?

5. What tourist attraction, which opened April 12, 1992, did French theater director Ariane Mnouchkine famously call a "cultural Chernobyl"? Eurodisney?

6. The stars Alnitak, Alnilam, and Mintaka make up what part of the constellation Orion? The belt?"

7. What unusual distinction is shared by all these children's books? The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, The Hobbit, How to Train Your Dragon, The Phantom Tollbooth, Tik-Tok of Oz, Watership Down, The Wind in the Willows, Winnie-the-Pooh Hmmm... I feel like I should know this. WAG - A character counts things/does math to calm down?

100% guesses for me this week, although they mostly seem plausible.