View Single Post
Old 23 September 2018, 10:19 AM

Whalephant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachlife! View Post
That would be my ex-wife. Before I met her, in college, she had decided that she didn't care for the schools parking policies and just parked where she wanted and thought she was being cool tossing the parking tickets. I didn't know this until after we were married when they issued a bench warrant against her for $4000 in tickets and fines.
When I worked at Taco Bell it was on a pedestrian mall with limited access for work/apartment dweller cars. We rented our spots in a 15 spot or so parking lot as did everyone else who parked there. Except for one gal from Chicago who was renting and apartment and apparently felt she was above paying for parking. Well, the owner had given the police department written permission to let us call the police on unauthorized parkers and get them ticketed so we did.

We didn't realise it, but Chicago gal just ignored her parking tickets. Until a cop noticed she had never paid any fines for two semesters.

So they towed her.

We all giggled when she had a meltdown. We outright laughed when we found out she'd faked paperwork to get her car out of the impound lot, got caught, and went to jail for something like 10 days.