View Single Post
Old 16 November 2018, 03:19 PM

Glasses

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildaBeast View Post
So "Explorer" wasn't a trim level, but an optional package available on the "Ranger" trim. So all those badges make sense now.
What confused me is that during the mid 80s "Ranger" is what Ford was calling their small trucks (Toyota Tacoma sized). So I was like "how can a 250 (the next step up from a 150) be a Ranger, too?" Thanks for the info, WildaBeast.

Yesterday I took a good look at the Jaguar XJR that lives in the parking lot of the local 7-11 (well, it's an inanimate object, so it doesn't literally live there--but it's been parked there so long there is moss growing beneath it). Nothing special about it, except that I thought it was an unusual car to be permanently parked at a convenience store.

This morning (and every day that I walk the dog down 88th toward 8th) I saw an old and very small Toyota Motor Home (probably 16'). So I looked up why there aren't any Toyota Motor Homes anymore (at least, not in the US). Turns out American manufacturers overloaded the pickup truck frames which caused axle failures.

Seaboe